Chapter 8

Poppy woke up with a terrible headache, she sat up slowly and looked around. She didn't recognize her surroundings at all. She was on a large pillow-like carpet in a small room. She felt a sharp pain in her arm and looked down to find the tranquilizer dart still stuck in her arm so she pulled in out gently. She soon noticed Branch lying behind her on his front, he was still unconscious.

"Branch! Branch! Wake up!" Poppy gasped as she rubbed his back. Branch winced as he opened his eyes.

"Ugh...what happened?" Branch asked tiredly. He tried to get up but felt a sudden pain. "And why does my butt hurt?" Poppy looked behind Branch and saw the dart still lodged in his backside. She pulled it out causing Branch to yelp and rub his aching butt. "Why did Aria tranquilize us?" Right as he said that, a door opened to reveal a familiar blue troll. It was Aria.

"You guys are awake!" Aria exclaimed.

"Don't 'you guys are awake' us!" Branch grunted. "Where the hair are we? And why did you tranquilize us?!" He was still rubbing his butt. Branch then looked at her confused. "And what's going on with your shoulder?" Suddenly a small creature appeared on her shoulder and screeched at Branch. "AHHHH What the heck is that?!" Branch was so shocked that he jumped into Poppy's arms. The small creature looked like it had the body of a cat but a bird head, she had blue and purple feathers with huge wings and a long tail.

"This is Orchid, my pet Skyer." Aria explained as she scratches the back of Orchid's neck.

"What the heck is a Skyer?!" Branch shouted, still clinging onto Poppy until she dropped him with a loud thud.

"They're common creatures here." Aria said. "Nearly everyone in the tribe has one." Aria opened the door wide to reveal the outside. Poppy and Branch followed Aria out of the room. They turned around and looked up at a large tree house, but not just any ordinary tree house. This one had three huts in the trees with zip lines and wooden spiral staircases connecting them. Poppy and Branch had been kept in a small hut in the base of the tree. "That's my house." Aria pointed to the high-up tree house.

"Wait! Are we in your tribe?" Poppy asked, excitedly. Aria nodded.

"Welcome to the Paradise Isles!" Aria said. They looked around and saw many other tall trees with huts just like Aria's. All around there were Lost Trolls with their guardians, but what caught Poppy and Branch's eye was that some of the trolls were flying with wings.

"How are they doing that?" Branch asked. Aria turned around and they saw that Orchid was clinging to her back with her claws and her tail around her waist, her wings outstretched. She flapped her wings and lifted Aria off the ground.

"You create a bond with them." Aria explained. "Then they allow you to fly together." Aria set her feet on the ground. The three trolls suddenly heard a loud voice, and a troll landed in front of them with a Skyer on his back.

"Hey sis!" The troll greeted. "Looks like you finally got them to wake up!" He said, referring to Poppy and Branch. The troll had the same light blue skin as Aria, he had short hunter green hair with blue tips that was tied up. He had an arrow-shaped mark on his forehead, similar to Aria's, and wore brown shorts with a tan-colored tunic and a green gem around his neck. "I'm Ash! Great to meet you guys!" Ash bowed his head in front of them.

"This is my twin brother." Aria pointed.

"The older twin." Ash whispered loudly. Aria rolled her eyes.

"By five minutes!" She argued.