Chapter- 21

Anna's POV-

Xavier was looking at me. I can feel his eyes on me. I vision was blurred because of unshed tears.

I gave a fake smile to Marcus. And he believed in me. He stood up and came over to hug me but I stepped away. I am not that comfortable with him and never going to be.

He understood and maintain the distance. He asked me to have lunch with him. I didn't want to but Xavier was still standing there so I agreed with it.

He left after saying bye. Everyone else also started to get back to their work. I saw from the corner of my eye that Xavier was approaching me. So I hurriedly took Kate's hand and pulled her towards the classroom. He called my name from behind but I totally ignored it and entered the class. The teacher also came just behind us so he didn't get the chance to talk. I know it is a very cowardly move but I can not face him. I am not ready to.

What does he want to say now? Didn't he said and showed enough yesterday? Why he is making it more awkward between us? I get it that he doesn't feel the same for me. What else he wants to do? He even pushed me away. I mean, I understand, if someone, whom you don't even like, comes that close to you, you obviously will be uncomfortable but still, we are friends, he could have refused me subtly. There was no need to push me or directly ignoring me by saying that I should go home.

Well never mind. I will never again make a fool of myself. I will pretend that yesterday never happened. I will be his friend always.

I cleared my mind to concentrate on the topic the teacher is teaching us. As I took the pen in my hand, the bell rang, indicating that the period is over.

I don't think, today I will be able to concentrate at all.

The time after that passed in a moment. It is time for lunch now. I was feeling nervous. Not in a good way. As I and Kate entered, someone put their arm around my waist. I jerked away from that person because I got the feeling it was not Xavier.

It was Marcus. I  don't know how did I find out that it was not Xavier? I just had this feeling.

Marcus dragged me towards his table. There were sitting all the students, who have made my life hell. I was having a bad feeling. I sat beside him. I looked that Kate didn't come with me. I turned to see she was sitting on our usual table with David and Xavier.

Traitor.

Marcus introduced me to them. Well, they already know me because of my cousin.

"So you got yourself a toy, Marcus. I am waiting when will you threw her away." Rita said.

She totally is a bitch but still, she is my cousin. I ignored it. It's not like I will really go out with him. I just wanted some distraction and Marcus came on time. I also know he is not serious. I mean, please, even a blind can see that he doesn't like me for real. God knows why he is doing this.

I started eating quietly. They were talking about stupid and unimportant things. So I turned them off. I was remembering the day we all went shopping. It was so fun.

What the hell am I doing here? I should have never started this stupidity. This so tiring.

I finished eating as fast as possible. I stood up and hung my bag on one shoulder. Marcus looked at me questioningly. Like only now he sees me. I said I am going. I turned towards the exit of the canteen. I just walked a few steps then I felt something come between my legs. I fall.

I was about to land on the ground when someone caught me from behind. I saw on the floor there was nothing. But I was sure something was there.

I looked towards the table I was sitting on everyone was laughing at me. Rita was showing off. Then I got it, she did her typical bitchy move.

Even Marcus was chuckling. When he saw I am looking at him he stood up and scolded Rita. It was so fake. I can see it. But I ignored it.

Xavier was the one who saved me...again. I stood up. He took my hand and started to walk away. But Marcus stopped him.

"She is my girlfriend now. I can take care of her." He said to Xavier.

When did I agree to be his girlfriend? He said we will just give it a try.

"Yeah, I can see how you are taking care of her. She was damn bored sitting here. You were not even paying her any attention. I saw what this girl was planning to do sitting over there but you didn't. How? How you are taking care of her." He said to Marcus.

"Were you only looking at this table all the time? Or is it only her that you were looking at?" Asked Rita. I was thinking the same.

How did he know I was feeling bored sitting here?

"You, you are a girl only that's why you are still on your feet right now. Do something like this again, then I will show you how to play tricks. Then you will be regretting this day." Xavier threatened Rita.

"Oh, so the dog can talk. I thought you are not allowed to talk." Rita said.

When she said that to Xavier, my blood started to boil.

How shameless she is. She did this to me and now she is insulting Xavier.

She turned to me and said. "Hey you, orphan, control your dog." This is it.

I move a step closer to her. She was looking into my eyes. "What are you glaring at? Did I say something wrong? Are you not orphan or is he not your puppy who..." Before she could complete it I slapped her. I slapped her very hard. My hand was shaking from its impact.

"You...you bitch." She was about to hit me but Xavier came in between.

Xavier took my hand again to take me away from there but again Marcus stopped him. Xavier and Marcus both were standing both sides of me. It was too much pressure so I went from there myself.

The whole day went like that. Ignoring both of them. After school, we all were in the parking lot.

I guess David and Kate made a plan to clear everything between me and Xavier. So they plan to go out this evening to the park. But It didn't work.

"No, I can't, I have football trials in the evening. I have to come back to the ground." Xavier said.

"I am going to the library." I lied.

So they have to cancel the program. With that, we all went in our own way.

********
Hello, lovelies.

Sorry for the late update.

Hope you enjoyed it.
Please show your love with votes and comments.

See you soon.