Chapter 20

Cato's POV:

After I left Clove's room, I went to my room and locked the door. I sighed as I thought about Clove. She's exactly the same as when I first met her and I wasn't sure if it was a good thing or not. I have to admit, I never fully got over her, but I need to put my feelings aside for the Hunger Games. This isn't the place to be with her and we never should've gotten together in the first place, but it happened and no one can change that.

An idea popped into my head and I smirked slightly. Maybe I could try to manipulate her and play with her feelings. Obviously it would be hard, since it's Clove, but I think I can do it. I might be able to play with whatever feelings she's got left for me.

The problem was that I have no idea how to make her like me again. I don't know even know what I did the first time and I don't think that I would be able to do that again. I can't flirt with her since it doesn't seem to affect her like ever other girl, but I can try to make her jealous. If I flirt with the District 1 girl, she'll get jealous and come crawling back to me.

Was this a plan to get Clove back or manipulate her? I want to say that it was to manipulate her, but it just sounds like I want her back. Maybe that is what I want. I stopped thinking about it and walked out of my room.

I walked to the living room and saw Enobaria and Brutus sitting in their seats drinking.

"How nice of you to join us, Cato?" Enobaria said sarcastically. I sat down in the couch and stared at them.

"Do you know anything about the other tributes?" I ask. They probably don't, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

"I heard the boy from one is strong, but the girl's a little useless. Four isn't much this year. The boy's too young but the girl's okay." Brutus explained.

I have a pretty good chance at winning this. It sounds like the only competition I have is Clove and the boy from one. If Clove falls in love with me, she would've easier to kill, but I'm just hoping that the boy isn't very skilled.

"Sounds like a bad batch." I say leaning back in my seat.

We sat in silence for a while, but Tullula soon came in. "Dinner time." She exclaimed happily. "Where's Clove?" She asked looking around.

"I'll get her." I said getting out of my seat. I walked down the halls until I reached her room. I placed my hand on the doorknob and twisted slightly. I peaked my head in cautiously, in case she threw a knife at me, but when nothing came I opened the door wider. I slipped my body inside the room and saw Clove
asleep on her bed. She slept peacefully with a small smile on her lips, which made me smile slightly. A memory came into my mind lf when I stayed over at her house. I used to wake up in the middle of the night because of nightmares, but the sight of Clove next to me relaxed me. That night was one of the best sleeps I'd had in a while.

Even though it sounds creepy, I stared at her for a few more seconds before deciding to leave her alone. I left her room and closed the door as quietly as possible. I walked back to the dining cart and saw all of them sitting around the table waiting to start.

"Where's Clove?" Enobaria asked.

"She's asleep and I didn't want to wake her." I said sitting down. We ate some of the best steak I had ever tasted and some mash potatoes. After eating, I headed straight to my room and went to sleep. It had been an exhausting day and it didn't help that I didn't get much sleep the night before.

———————————————-

I woke the next morning to the sound of Brutus pounding on my door. "Get up. We're nearly there." He yelled.