PC │019

【A L V I N】

After having downed the cake and an entire stash of muffins and cookies, Lucien invited us over to his place. He thanked us for having organized the party in the way that it'd only be an event where only the people whom he knew were invited. He informed us that in the case that we had invited others, he would've ended up feeling left-out and insecure which was heartbreaking to hear, for whatever reason there was. 

And now, like he had formerly promised, he was giving us a biography on each of the bottles he had collected in the span of three whole years.  He ended up placing the bottle I had given him on the shelf which he referred to as 'The Special Shelf' and for some odd reason, I found that adorable. 

The party felt short-lived but actually lasted for five whole hours. The rest of them were planning on staying over at Lucien's, however, all of them had to show up to work early the next morning and they decided that it would be best if they walked back home at five in the morning. However, Lucien insisted that the least he could do was drop them off at their place and that's exactly what he did - however, he asked me to stay over at his while he was gone. 

No, I did not mess with his alcohol collection. 

Okay, maybe I did. But that was only because I was curious and the most I did was touch the bottles. 

He returned sooner than I had expected and we ended up discussing in immense detail about how cute penguins were whilst some boring sitcom played in the background. However, because it was nearly six in the morning, he suggested that we should head to bed or else we'd have trouble waking up, and so I agreed. 

He insisted on me staying over, and his excuse was: "So you won't have to deal with the roaches." 

Did that work? Yes.

We agreed on sharing a bed and I realized that he was more of a cuddler than I'd initially assumed - not that I minded, it was comforting to say the least. He had his one of his arms around my waist and the other was tucked under my head and draped over my shoulder whilst I had one of my arms draped over his torso and the other over his hand. Three years prior to today, I would've never imagined that I would have ended up like this. Again, not that I minded in the slightest. It was nice to have a dose of physical contact every now and then. 

Plus, listening to the sound of his heartbeat and his slightly erratic breathing pattern was oddly calming as well - I hadn't ever felt this way before. I lived the past few weeks of my life being terrified of what sort of creature would end up on my face in the morning when I awoke, but here, all I had to worry about was one thing and one thing only: getting up to pee. 

However, by God's grace, my bladder was under control this time, and I had the best night of my life (nothing sexual intended, mind you) even though I only got about four hours of rest. I was awoken by him somewhere around half past ten in the morning, and he'd prepared breakfast for the both of us as well. 

Apparently he had awoken at half past eight somehow and was stressing out about it because he usually woke up at half past seven, both of which I considered inhumane. 

"Did you sleep well?" he questioned, prodding his food with his spoon. 

"I did actually, did you?" 

"Yeah, but my arm kinda hurts now," he said with a chuckle. 

"Sorry, I know I have a fat head," I said apologetically. "It gets tough storing such a big brain."

"Oh shut up," he said, letting out a laugh whilst shaking his head at me. "Does the food taste okay?"

"It tastes amazing actually, you should teach me how to cook sometime," I suggested. "I can't cook for shit."

"Do you want to stay over for lunch as well then? I can teach you," he offered, raising his brows at me in curiosity. 

"I have to go to the gym at half past four in the afternoon so I'm not entirely sure if I can stay," I confessed. "I would love to though."

"That's okay, I can drop you at the gym," he offered. "And if you'd like you can spend another night here as well, it does feel nice having some company every once in a while. I totally understand if you don't want to, though."

"Actually, that sounds really nice," I interrupted with a reassuring grin. "In that case, I'll stay over today as well. But I should probably head home after breakfast and take a shower, I stink."

"Understandable," he said with a chuckle. "I'll wait for you, then?"

"Sure," I said with a nod. "It's nice how you don't have any roaches over at your place either."

"Have you tried calling pest control for that?" he questioned. "If they're still not responding then you should probably try filing another complaint."

"I guess so," I sighed with a shrug of indifference. "It's getting a little tiring having to deal with so many damn bugs."

"I'll try calling them for you while you're at work then," he offered. 

"That's really nice of you, thanks," I said gratefully. 

"Alright, now shut up and eat, the food's getting cold."