Did Leafy Overpay?

Welcome to my new series on Reddit, titled Over Analyzing BFDI, or OAB. Essentially, this is a series where I over analyze a cartoon series. Think of it as a crappy Game Theory. Every "episode" will be answering one question that either is submitted in the comments, or I just come up with. Without further delay, let's begin.

The question today, as shown in the title, is: Did Leafy overpay to purchase Dream Island? As you may know, Leafy bought Dream Island in the finale of BFDI from the announcer for a grand sum of 1 trillion dollars. For simplicity's sake let's assume it's in USD, since that is the currency most other currencies are based off of.

The first thing we have to figure out is the cost of the island itself. While the wiki claims that that Dream Island could be worth, at most, 1 trillion, this is highly unlikely. Not only because Leafy probably doesn't have a very good sense of land value, the amount she did give was just a number scribbled on a piece of paper. In reality, islands don't cost that much. Even a massive 640 acre island like Dream Island could be worth no more than maybe 1 or 2 hundred million. Let's assume that the island is quite valuable, and it is worth 250 million.

The next part of the equation is figuring out how much the infrastructure on the island costs. As the announcer said, the island has a 5-star hotel, a casino (objects gamble?), 6 restaurants, and robot servants. The average hotel costs 22.2 million. While it may cost more because Dream Island's hotel is 5 stars, we do have to account for the fact that 22.2 million includes the cost of labour, and I assume that the speaker boxes just poof the hotel into assistance. That means we can subtract about 9 million from the build cost. To keep it simple, I'll round the total cost to 15 million.

Next, the casino and restaurants. I'm not going to account for licenses, because I really doubt the Goiky legal system regulates that kind of stuff. To figure out the actual cost of one, well that's a bit more difficult. For starters, most online sources list casinos along with a Vegas resort, and we already have a hotel. Instead, I'm just going to assume (yes, I'm assuming a lot) that a casino is similar to a restaurant. The cost of building a restaurant is very much dependent on a multitude of factors, such as material, equipment, furniture, and decoration. Since Dream Island is a rather luxurious resort, I'll place it at the high end and each restaurant will cost about 1 million.

Finally, let's add it all up. The island at 250 million, the hotel at 15 million, and the casino and restaurants at 1 million each. That's a grand total of 272 million. Wow. That's less than 0.003% of what Leafy paid. Even if the resort cost 1 billion to build, she would still be down 999 billion. Honestly, I kind of expected it. The total world GDP, aka the total money produced by the world, in 2019 was around 87 trillion. With the kind of money Leafy made, she would have crashed the word's economy, creating mass inflation and everyone would be broke as hell.

Well, thanks for joining me on the pilot episode of OAB. Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed it., since it took me an hour and a half to get this all researched and written. If you have any questions you want answered in the next edition of OAB, comment down below.

But that's just a theory.

A DUMB THEORY!

I'm sorry.