xv - out in the countryside

♡♡♡
●ARIA'S POV●

After my awkward evening with Alex AND Warren I decided that a much needed girl time was in order . I told Sonja and my sister that I wanted to do face masks and watch How to Lose a Guy in 10 days . A little Matthew McConaughey always cheered me up and as soon as I said that to them they knew this was defcon 2 . It wasn't super serious , but enough for concern.

Once we had our food delivered , wine bottle opened and the stream prepped for movie night , the girls and I settled on the couch with our sheet masks on .

"How did your date go last night Ar?" Sonja asks . Although we argued about this yesterday , I couldn't let it out of the bag of our little plan in front of my sister. Plus, when I walked in this morning Sonja's first words were 'it was a date's.

I smiled at the flashback of going to Alex's place and seeing what he prepared for dinner and our almost kiss. Before I can answer her she says , "that good? You can't even tell us?" I blushed.

"He took me to his home. He cooked dinner and he had it displayed when we got there . Alex has an amazing view of the city and it really was something," I smile but it was soon replaced with confusion.

"Did something happen?" Delilah asks me.

"Warren showed up drunk and everything got incredibly awkward."

I relay what took place last night and how Warren drove me back this morning . They listened intently to everything I said and when I finished they looked like they wanted to say something, "what? Tell me what you guys are thinking.  I know you want to."

"You like Warren . You liked him when we were kids and you like him now," was what Delilah said .

"I have to agree although things between you and Alex seem to be heating up as well," Sonja added .

"Have you slept with Alex?" Lilah asked .

"No, and you know how I am about that.  It took me how long with Dylan?"

They both nodded.

"But at the end of the day you're dating Alex," Lilah says to me .

Exactly.  I'm suppose to be Alex's girlfriend,  albeit a fake one , but no one other than Sonja , myself and Alex knows this . We finished our evening by topping off the last of the wine and me dragging myself to bed.

I checked my phone and saw that Alex had sent me a message :

I'm really sorry about last night . Warren and I had a talk this morning and everything is going to be okay . I was hoping that maybe we can see each other this week? You know just to touch base?

That was sent this afternoon and since I hadn't been paying attention to my phone another text was sent :

Hey I hope you aren't mad at me . I hope you had a good day .

I didn't want him getting the wrong idea and of course I wasn't mad . I am a bit confused as to why he wants to see me again, we don't really have any kind of 'engagements" with family or friends . But I shrug that thought off . It wouldn't hurt to actually get to know the guy who people think is my boyfriend.  So I hit reply: