Skater Outift

He was a sk8er boi, she said see you later boy. He wasn't good enough for her.  We all know the iconic Avril Lavigne song. Have you ever wanted to dress like a skater kid? You're in luck. 

Skate outfits are comfortable and stylish. Skater outfits tend to be either form-fitted or over-sized. A lot of emo kids are skaters. Emo fashion consists of a lot of tight-fitting clothes, a  lot of dark colours, hoodies and band tees. Skater girls' outfits can consist of skirts but a lot of skater girls tend to wear "skate pants" whilst skating. I'm one of them. Skater outfits are about wearing what makes you feel comfortable. Every skater's outfits will vary. Everybody has a different fashion sense and their own opinions on what is comfortable etc. I personally don't wear jeans whilst skating as I only own skinny jeans and find that they restrict my legs so they're not ideal whilst skating. I wear skate trousers/ tracksuit trousers whilst skating as well as around the house. 

Vans are a popular choice of shoe amongst skaters. I'd recommend the lace-ups so that your shoes don't come off by accident. Trainers are also a good shoe to wear whilst skating. Never skate whilst wearing sliders, flipflops or heels. Your feet need to be protected.

Thrasher is a popular magazine amongst skater kids and a lot of them own some form of Thrasher merch. If you're going to buy a Thrasher hoodie, buy it big. I've made the mistake of buying a hoodie in my size, not a good idea. Hoodies are supposed to be oversized and comfortable unless they're cropped.

Just because you think you're not going to fall off, doesn't mean you shouldn't wear a helmet and elbow and knee pads whilst you're learning. Nobody plans on falling over. Once you get more confident and know how to fall off safely, you can consider losing the helmet and pads. 

Avril Lavigne's style is popular amongst punks and emo kids, especially her 2002 punk look. In case you're not familiar with Avril Lavigne's iconic style, I've included a few photos. I personally like this look, although a lot of people say that putting a tie on top of a t-shirt is completely ridiculous, even when Avril did it.