CHAPTER IV: THE DEAL Part 1

I thought looking at Andromeda was hard, her beauty took me in and left me gawking at her like a kid craving candy. But I was so wrong, having her tower over me while Im sitting on a chair was a different type of pleasure. She was leaning over the table explaining something on the book but I was focused on her long dark hair tickling my face.

I was so happy to be this close to her, my heartbeats increased as she pulled all of her hair to the other side and now her sharp jawline was on full display, I turned sideways to take a good look at her mouth-watering side profile. Oh what I.d give to put my lips on her soft skin.

I guess I was staring at her for too long, because now she was looking at me probably thinking how creepy I look gawking at her like that. I didn't realize how close we were until I glanced at her lips that were right in front of me. They moved like she was telling me something. Looking up at her eyes they held amusement. I wonder why?

She just smiled and pulled away standing straight and putting her hand on her hips, like a mother scolding her child.

"Are you even listening?" she asked, Listening? To what? Oh shoot. The book.

"Ehh, yes I- I am haha" I said.

Obviously she didn't believe me. She leaned closer, way too close. My eyes were so wide about to fall out my head.

"Then tell me whats the last thing I said, Sophie," her voice was low and raspy, hmm say it again please.

NO, get your shit together Sophie. I cleared my throat and turned to the book and started reading the first thing my eyes saw.

"Well, eh she had a baby, whos a girl. Black hair brown eyes and a birth mark on the back of her neck, shaped as a heart. Interesting right" I said trying to be serious. She closed the book and just chuckled.

"What? Why are you laughing?" I asked,

"I explained that, 30 minutes ago but you were too busy drooling over my face to realize that" she said taking the book to its previous spot then continued.

"I was telling you about the prophecy that the child will come back eventually and save the island from men. Shell be the only one to open the book of Sappho, whos located inside the Castle" That gown fits her perfectly, Goddess save me. I am losing my self-control.

"What castle?" I asked getting up to get my coat, I better leave before I do something stupid.

"The governors Castle, well technically it's not his But Sapphos. After her death his family took over the place. With it they took the island" she said with sadness, I wanna help them with this, help her get her heritage back.

"Is there something I can do to help?" I asked putting my hat and walking closer to her.

"Unless youre the true descendent of Sappho, then no you can't", she said marching by me her hand caressing my shoulder on the way. I looked up at the ceiling and bit my lip then fixed my coat.

"Have a good night Miss, I should probably get going now. Oh and can you get Aphrodite for me please?" I asked, she nodded and walked upstairs, not too long after the shorter girl came running.

"Hello again, I just wanted to tell you that I'll be walking you home every day after your shift is done, it's too dangerous for you to go alone, alright?" I told her, it was the truth, well not completely, I also wanted to see Andromeda. She smiled at me and walked me to the door.

"Goodnight Miss Sophie,"

"Goodnight Aphrodite" I said putting my hands in my coat pockets and walking back to the hotel.

**********************************************************************************

The next morning I woke to a loud banging on the door. I got up and opened the door to see Richard, he quickly turned around, what is wrong with him.

"Oh Jesus Sophie, cover yourself!," he half yelled, I looked down to see what he was talking about. And I was naked. A maid walked by looking at me with her eyes wide but a little blush on her cheeks.

I just smirked and walked inside leaving the door open for Richard to follow. Searching my suitcase, I took out grey pants, a black button up shirt and a grey vest. Today was the deal day, I had to look good as always. I put them on and now I had to find my boots.

"Where did I take them off yesterday" I whispered, a pair of boots was thrown my way.

"Thanks," I took my coat from yesterday and walked to the door, I felt a hat being put on my head, of course.

"The governor said that the dealers will be in his castle at..." he checked his watch,

"11Pm." It was 9 in the morning; we had enough time to get a cup of tea, walking to the main hall I saw Aphrodite coming to me holding a plate.

"Good morning, Miss Sophie. Your tea and a piece of apple pie," I was hungry and this looked delicious.

"Good morning Aphrodite, How you doing love?",

"I am doing well Miss. Follow me to your table" and we did, I sat and took a sip of the tea,

"I hope I dont end punching the governor today" I said taking a bite, Richard just chuckled at me as Aphrodite gave him his cup of tea.

"Well I won't hold you back, he will definitely deserve it", he answered putting sugar in his cup,

"I wish my father gave me the gold deal, instead of the fruit." I mean I know I am capable of handling it, but he made sure it'll be an easy mission.

"I know you wanna be on the big dog table Sophie but you need to start from scratch," I nodded my head taking a last sip and got up.

"Come on lets get this over with" I said putting my hat and walking to the car, a man opened the door and waited for Richard to come inside before closing it. I guess he knew the destination, because he started driving without asking any questions.