Chapter 6 - Pity is not my thing

'She lapped against the shore,
restless like the sea,
ready for any adventure,
that blew along her way'
-Atticus

_______________________

Pity is not my thing

Sadhvi's POV

The day after the drama found me sitting in the living room of Dhillon’s house.

We were talking about the elephant in the room, the wedding. Why it was such a fuss?

I wasn't able to get it.

I believed destiny has plans for me.

Dhillon’s house was bigger than mine. The structural built was the same though only the surface area was bigger.

Basement as usual was for car parking, the upper ground floor was for living room, a huge study for everyone, a big dining area and a humungous kitchen.

I was interested in looking inside the Study but sensing the situation, I held my curiosity inside.

Left to the living room was a staircase leading up the stairs, way to everyone’s bedroom.
Mr and Mrs Dhillon’s bedroom remaining everyone else’s bedroom was up the stairs with separate balconies I am assuming, but no terrace.

Well why need a terrace when you have a big lawn both in the front and the back.

I was seated with Bua ji to handle the situation and my sister dearest, who was to be the Bride, was sitting between my parents.

My brother was standing behind me, to support me in this.

We needed our little army to convince the parent party.

The sofa I was seated was right in front of my parents, it was easy for me to analyse what they were thinking by looking at heir faces.
To my right Mr and Mrs Dhillon were seated with Avesh, standing next to his father. His father looked pissed at him.

“There is nothing to worry about, the problem is not really a problem since everything is out before the news could spread more.”
Samarpreet uncle said looking at Papa ji

“Hanji, and the mere relatives who know will understand the situation once well explained.”
Kanika Aunty said

My mummy looked at me and I smiled reassuringly looking at her, she turned to look at both Uncle and Aunty,
“I am happy for Meheka. But I am worried for my older daughter.”

“Meheka is young but rightfully my older daughter should be getting married before her. I want to wait until we find someone for Sadhvi, as well”

“I agree, we are all happy for Avesh and Meheka but how can we ignore Sadhvi like this. It must have been tough on her part” Papa ji said looking at me with so much concern

Behind me my brother squeezed my shoulder.

I said,
“Me?” I puffed
“No… least hurt I swear. I am okay”

But to no avail they all looked at me with pity eyes.

I didn’t wanted that. Please.