𝐏𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐭 | 𝟎𝟐

𝐈'𝐦 𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 the first one out of bed in the morning. The reason why? I used to wake up with my dad at 6 every morning to watch the sun rise.

So now, even if I got drunk the night before, I'm always up before the others.

So, when John B comes out of his bedroom at about 8 in the morning, he's not surprised to see me fully dressed and awake. I, however, am surprised to see him up this early. The rest of the crew usually don't get up until around 10 or 11. And that's the morning after they haven't drunk any alcohol.

"Fancy seeing you up this early," I quip as I look at him from over the rim of my coffee mug.

"Yeah, well. The stupid chickens won't shut up," he groans, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes as he comes over to me. He leans against the counter top across from me, his eyes still a little droopy.

"I mean, they're probably terrified. They were outside when Agatha hit," I remind him.

"Speaking of which, there's no cell service."

"No power, either," I tell him.

"Oh, come on," he complains before straightening back up and walking towards the front door to inspect the damage outside. I follow after him and look down at JJ as I pass by him on the pull out couch.

"Hey, JJ, you been outside?" I ask him.

"I have polio, freckles. I can't walk," JJ murmurs with his groggy morning voice, using the nickname only he calls me. He started calling me that when we first met in third grade. Said they were the first things he noticed.

"Oh, man," I hear John B yawn from outside. "That's no good."

"It's never good after a hurricane, John B," I yell from where I stand beside JJ.

"Agatha did some work, huh?" JJ asks John B loudly as he pulls me down to lay with him.

"Yeah, she did," he yells back.

"JJ!" I exclaim as his action of pulling me down causes me to spill some of my coffee on my clean, white shirt. Although it didn't completely soak my shirt, there's still a big stain now.

"What?" he asks, not seeing the damage he's done. I set the mug down on the side table before looking at him.

"You made me spill my coffee," I complain as I turn around so he can see. He looks down at my shirt and an apologetic look comes over his face.

"Sorry," he apologizes. "But, if it makes you feel any better, you still look hot."

"Of course I do," I retort, a sly smirk on my face.

"You're just too humble, aren't you?" he says sarcastically before reaching over to pull my shirt off.

"What are you doing?!" I exclaim quickly as I pull my shirt back down over my stomach.

"You don't want to wear a coffee-stained shirt all day, do you?"

"Well, no. But that doesn't give you the privalege of taking my shirt off."

"Just trying to help you out, baby," he says as an excuse.

"Don't call me that," I say as I crinkle my nose in disgust.

"I know you like it, freckles." He laughs as he boops me on my nose. I slap his hand away quickly before standing up to go change my shirt.

"I do not!" I yell as I run to my room and slam the door closed. I hear JJ's contagous laugh and can't help but giggle as well. I quickly grab a bathing suit from my dresser and some shorts, as some coffee spilled onto them, too. Stupid JJ. As fast as I can, I tug the bathing suit on and pull my shorts up as I open the door.