4. "It is Mr. Harding or Mayor for you, Ms. Clarke"

"She died for you, Hannah

"She died for you, Hannah. She knew I'll only do what was best for you. The least you can do for her is listen to me" he said getting close to my ear.

Gut-wrenching sobs tore through my chest.

"You are the reason she committed suicide"

"Please, dad. Please, stop" I cried out. I couldn't take it anymore.

"Hannie bear, you don't have an option. I'll destroy everything you have ever wanted. I'll destroy your life if you don't this" he said calmly.

Everything was just a joke to him. I was a joke to him. My life, my happiness didn't matter to him. Tears freely fell from my eyes as I shook my head unable to accept what he was doing to me.

"Now, freshen up. He will be here in an hour. So, you better look presentable for him" he said

"No, I won't" I shouted.

Anger and defiance were my last resort. He wouldn't listen to my pleading.

"Shut up" he roared making me flinch.

"He's the mayor of our town, you will treat him with respect. You will do whatever he wants you to do. He has already signed the papers and that makes him your husband. Learn to obey and respect your husband" he said and I didn't know what to say or do. I sat there lifelessly listening to him.

I knew my father was a misogynistic male chauvinistic jerk but I never thought he hated me this much.

"I've already given instructions to my secretary, She will turn you into a pretty little wife for Mr. Mayor" he grabbed my arm and dragged me out of his office. His fingernails dug into my skin. I looked at my father with blurry vision as he dragged me out. I couldn't believe he was the same man as yesterday.

"Make her presentable and come back to my office. You have forty-five minutes" he ordered coldly, the secretary nodded and led me away from there.

I couldn't believe my whole life turned upside down within twenty-four hours. Yesterday, I was partying with my friends in New York and now I am stuck here in Richmonte, married to the guy, who hates me passionately.

I was dressed in a line halter satin black short dress, my make-up was done professionally. My waist-length brown hair straightened making them appear longer and my dress was paired with black high heels. Tears threatened to fall from my eyes every two seconds but I kept them in.

I was sitting in my father's office waiting for his order, he was the one pulling my strings.

Everything I worked so hard for and everything thing I have built was at stake.

It's just two years, it'll pass. I will go back to my old life, my good life in New York City. I kept telling myself to calm my nerves.

But I have to face him. I have to see him again. After all these years.