The Visit 1

Chapter 7: The Visit 1

It was late in the morning, and the sky was not clear with whips of white clouds floating around when a gust of wind that came from the East blew, which made the one inch grass sway with it. On a small hillside was a boy lying on his back with his limbs spread out. The boy, who had been staring up the sky, had a pair of khaki shorts on that had his gray polo shirt tucked in it.

He was Allen.

It had been a few days since Allen had woken up to that dream where his memories of a certain man were supposed to be erased by the same person. His first thought was that particular dream was the fruit of his uneasiness toward the fact that he was forgetting something, and so he brushed it off as though the dream never occurred to him. It went fine, though lately he had been subconsciously thinking of that dream of his every now and then. It baffled him to the point he gave up and ended up on the hillside; the only place where he could relax his mind and body. But then again, his relaxation was cut short when he remembered that it was Saturday, and it was only last night that Belle had told him of the arrival of the Campbells.

Allen groaned. How could I forget? he thought to himself as he run his left hand over his face and up his head, ruffling his hair. The movement was brief and it left his hair a mess when his left hand dropped back to the grassy ground with a sigh. The boy wanted to stay more outside, mentally summoning another gust of wind to carry his thoughts away with even though he was fully aware that what he was doing was impossible. Luckily for him though, his prayer was answered as another gust of wind made its presence known to the only being that was greatful of its company.

Allen closed his eyes to the world with a faint smile, gracing his young face, as he savoured the feeling of the cool wind against his exposed skin. He did not know why he loved feeling the air moving around him, but he guessed it was because he felt free as though there was nothing that could hold him down, which was the characteristic of the wind that was being seeped through his veins.

"Ahh..." Allen sighed. "Please don't let this end." he spoke to the wind, pleading.

"Young Master!" the silver eyed boy heard a male voice from afar. It was his butler, French, dressed in a tailcoat.

Like what he had done with his head maid, Belle, Allen ignored the calls of his butler to will his mind off his surroundings. The boy found it amusing; his natural ability to blend with the wind though not in a physical sense, but rather mentally.

"Young Master? Where art thou?" the butler, with his right hand cupped around his mouth, called yet again that abruptly brought Allen back to reality. "Thy visitors wilt be here at any moment!" the man yelled, and then huffed when no one answered his calls.

Allen, on the other hand, would have ignored the man completely. However, the way his butler was calling him broke his sanctuary. Even though the man was French, he was raised in England by an old couple.

"If thou wilt not appear, then I shall-"

"Alright! Alright!" exclaimed Allen, jumping on his feet and pumping his fists up and down whilst his eyes were tightly shut in annoyance. He cannot handle the power of his butler's way of speaking; it gradually cracked his skull. "I'm coming, okay? So, please...stop talking shit I could barely understand." he grumbled as he stomped his way toward his butler, who then accompanied him back the manor. "When will they arrive, Maurice?"

Maurice, the butler, had his eyes closed as he answered, "In just ten minutes, My Lord."

Allen rolled his eyes as he sighed. "You just called me Young Master not long ago, so kindly refrain from calling me Lord?" he looked over his shoulder to see Maurice smiling down at him. Sighing yet again, Allen looked back to the route they were walking on. "Sometimes I wonder if you're teasing me by speaking in such a way, and mocking me by calling me that. You know I'd rather you lot call me by my name like the old times unless we're not alone or something."