Misery

"You're predictable, so predictable. Thatyou don't think I could Put you out like that, like a cigarette"
-Erik Nam's "runaway"
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
————————————————————————————————————————————————————

At this point, Allan doesn't know what to do anymore.

At this point, Jake doesn't know what to do anymore.

At this point, they are both hurt. Fear separates them, fear lives within them.

At Lake side high, everyone is confused, conflicted and scared.

Scared.

At blood row high, blood week is only one weekend away.

They are terrified, conflicted and uncertain.

The air is miserable. Everything is miserable no matter where you go.

But through that misery, someone still sneaks past every student on that heavy Friday afternoon. It's her last chance to do this. She has worked up her confidence and her spirit, telling herself that she can do it.... that she has to do it, no matter what.

The consequences are too big for her and everyone involved, she needs to do this.

She needs to tell Jake. No matter how miserable the situation is. Allan getting beat up and then shouting at the school and at Jake, that was sure something big. The whole school walks around thinking about it. Not a single moment passes without someone accidentally mentioning the incident. Even Jake is bothered.

But not too bothered, Alex hopes, because she still needs to tell him. She needs to tell him about blood row high and what's going to happen. She can't let Evelyn do it alone.

You see, nobody can beat Dorian, but Dorian is not allowed to be king anymore. Dorian is definitely going to try taking the position anyway, even if he goes against the rules and the will of the students. That's why they need someone as strong as Jake, to stop him.

They need to stop him at all costs, so Evelyn can win and become queen. So that blood row high can finally become a normal school again, with no more fright and blood. So that Alex can finally go back to Evelyn.

This is a huge favor to ask him, the king who has indirectly bullied her for several years. It's pretty much a personal favor too, even if it connects to both Jake and Allan as well. She is doing this to save her beloved, if only Jake could help her. If only he is nice enough.

Because if he doesn't accept, she's in some huge trouble. Both her and Evelyn are in some huge trouble.