9.

Theo rubbed his thumb on the corner of the books cover, frowning to himself as he did so.

He kept thinking about Dusk. About how the demon always made him feel comfortable, always made him feel like he could be himself, like he could tell him anything. Made him feel warm and made him feel almost loved.

Theo twisted his lips. He wasn't supposed to have fallen for the demon. Grow to tolerate him maybe but to love him? Truly love him? Unheard of.

He'd also been growing to find that demons weren't all that awful. A majority of them were rather polite which Theo figured could be because he was royal but it was still far from his expectations.

Suddenly realizing what he'd been thinking, Theo gripped his book tightly. He couldn't have fallen for Dusk. It would be a sin, marrying him to forge an alliance? Fine, sure, whatever.

Falling in love with him? Wanting to hold him and kiss him and everything? The worst sin.

Theo slammed his book shut. His heart was racing in his chest and he felt almost sick.

Burying his face in his hands, Theo ran them up to run through his hair. Suddenly having an idea.

An angel couldn't love a demon. But a demon could love a demon.

Slowly standing up, Theo left the book behind and he walked off to go and find Tyrion and Chester again.