𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞

THE STATE OF GRACE

𝘸𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘯 𝘣𝘺 𝘳𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘢𝘺

i've never known who i am. i've never known my purpose, and that's what terrifies me the most — more than any amount of boys dying in my hands or artillery fire ever could. because who wants to stare death in the face and not be able to tell him who they are?

━━━━ a preface and disclaimer!

hello and welcome to the state of grace! i am so, so excited to share this. this story is inspired by all heroes that served in world war two, but more specifically the men of easy company. band of brothers, miniseries and book alike, are powerful depictions of what everyday men endured when serving their country. i'm going to assume that anyone reading a band of brothers fanfiction is already aware of this, but if not, please check them out for yourself!

however, a disclaimer must be put in place. this story is based upon the actor portrayals in the hbo miniseries. in no way is this meant to disrespect the men that served in easy company, nor am i claiming that these depictions are true to the real men's character. this story is of the alternate history-based genre, a term coined by many writing for the band of brothers/hbo war fandom. i am most definitely aware of the limitations women faced in the 1940s, and i am not at all trying to be disrespectful of their struggles. the state of grace is just that: an alternative history.

throughout this story, i'm going to touch on topics that may be sensitive to certain readers, including but not limited to:

- the holocaust

- (graphic) depictions of violence and gore

- period-typical sexism and misogyny

- death

if any of these themes/topics are triggering to you, please read with caution. if at any time you feel i should have a trigger warning before a chapter, dm me and i will be more than willing to put one in place.

thank you for reading, and i'm excited for you to see what's to come <3