Wattpad Original

Acknowledgements

First and foremost I'd like to thank my Wattpad readers for making this happen. I was a young high schooler with the need to express myself, and Wattpad offered me a platform. I did not know at the time that it would completely change my life. Thank you for your support and your comments, they have helped me out through the difficult parts of life.

I'd like to thank my publishing director, editor, and overall awesome person Deanna McFadden for helping me along the way to publishing. Thank you for reading this book over and over and helping me polish it; I wouldn't have been able to do this without you. Marcela Landres, who had to read through the first draft and who was incredibly nice to point out ways I could improve this story. Rebecca Mills for her incredible work and eye to spot details I would have never found. Gwen Benaway for her insights and suggestions. Also an incredibly big thanks to Monica Pacheco, Samantha Pennington, Robyn Cole, and everyone at Wattpad Books and Wattpad HQ who has made this book possible. I cannot tell you all how much I danced in my living room, jumping around when I was told Historically Inaccurate was getting chosen to be published. It was truly a dream come true.

There is no way I'd be writing this without the help of my parents, whom I will be translating this for, but whom I love with all of my heart. They did what they could to raise three girls in Mexico, and when hardships struck they decided a life in the United States would be the best path to take. They inspire me every single day with their hard work and the love they have given me and my sisters, and I have nothing but respect for them. My sisters are two chemists, who are way smarter than I am, but who have both aided my journey as a writer. Jenny, when you lived in Mexico while our residency situation was being fixed, I sent you a letter with very badly written fan fiction about my favorite video game characters, and you sent back a response saying I'd become a great writer one day; that really touched my little thirteen-year-old heart. Naila, you were the first member in our family to read anything I uploaded to Wattpad, and you actually liked it. As embarrassing as the story might be to look back on, I'll always remember you asking me about my characters and for updates.

I must also thank my friend from across the world, Theodora Cristea, because we met through Wattpad, and now we've been friends for almost eight years (time flies)! Thank you for being honest about my writing and helping me out whenever I asked for constructive criticism. Thank you for the book recommendations and the late-night texting. I promise I'll finish writing that secret project one of these days, and you'll be able to hold it in your hands like this book. We also do need to do a road trip through the Romanian countryside; don't think I've forgotten.

I'd like to thank Louis, my partner, who jumped up and down shouting "Yeah!" when I told him that I was getting published, and who keeps my life filled with joy and entertainment. Whether it's bingeing an entire series on a streaming site all afternoon, napping the day away, or going out for a cup of coffee in the warm Texas sun, I wouldn't change you for anything. Thank you for helping me with American idioms, for giving me tips on my pronunciations, and for keeping me sane while I went through the editing process. Be it Texas, Iowa, or Tennessee, as long as I'm by your side I know I'll be happy.

Thank you also to my college professors: Elizabeth Garcia, Philip Zwerling, as well as Amy Cummins, for aiding me in my journey as a writer.

Finally, I want to give a quick round of thank yous to all my writer friends who have helped and inspired me along the way. Anna Sophia, Nessa Brown, Wendy Perez, Heather Provost, Ashley Lovie, Zulema Paredes, Dennis Kim, Kell, Patty, Donovan, and simply the entire Twitter group that started as a one-thousand-word-a-day challenge, my NaNoWriMo cabinmates and buddies, and all of my other writer colleagues at Wattpad. Thank you all for being an inspiration for young writers, and for following your dreams.

Lastly, I want to thank you, whether you bought this book or e-book, borrowed it from your local library, or found it at a random thrift store, thank you for reading Historically Inaccurate.