eight

CHAPTER EIGHT

"WE'RE PLAYING A SCHOOL DANCE? sweet!" smiled reggie as he showed luke the flyer before turning it to andy when she put her arm on his shoulder

luke shrugged, "it's not exactly the strip." julie laughed as reggie countered, "and you're not exactly alive, so maybe you should be happy we have our first gig."

andy nodded, "he's right, luke."

"i wasn't in love with the idea at first either, but it could be a great way for us to build a following, right?" questioned julie enthusiastically and andy gave the girl a thumbs up as reggie nodded, "yeah. yeah. we need to play whenever we can, whenever we can."

luke nodded, "no, you're right. let's rock those kids faces off and then play the clubs." andy and luke high fived and reggie watched in between the two with a smile.

julie moved closer to them, "and then record a single that gets a billion streams?"

luke looked at her, "i don't know what that is, but hopefully it gets us a manager and a tour." julie added, "and then we release a bunch of hit albums."

andy quickly added, "get someone else to lug our instruments around!" julie nodded and reggie snapped his finger towards her, "put out a country album that does surprisingly well."

julie gave him a look and reggie elaborated, "i shred on the banjo, so..." andy smiled, "and i know the harmonica!"

julie smiled at the two as they high fived, "then i'll learn how to fiddle." she gave them both fist bumps and reggie nodded at her addition.

"and before you know it, we're being inducted into the rock 'n' roll hall of fame!" yelled luke and reggie quickly added, "but one of us isn't there. because we had a blowout in 2032. my moneys on alex. he's just so sensitive."

luke shrugged, "i always thought it would be andy." andy nodded, "honestly, me too. i'd start a solo career that totally knocks you all out of the park."

luke reached around reggie and smacked andy on the arm and she quickly reached back and smacked him before he spoke, "ow andy! but yeah, guys, what are we waiting for? let's get rehearsing!"

"uh... where is alex?" questioned julie and andy looked at luke and reggie, who both shrugged, before smiling, "he's out with his ghost friend."

luke turned to his sister shocked, "why do you know?" andy laughed, "because he likes me more than you."

luke scoffed and the two began walking over to their instruments, now arguing over who alex liked better.

julie laughed and looked at reggie, "is it always like this?" reggie nodded, "yeah... except for when they get along but that is often cut short by another argument. life with siblings i guess."