Chapter eight

"Agatha dear would do me a solid and go get Mitch up here . I need a word with the boys. Alone." Grandpa gave her the kindest smile he could but that did nothing. She and Michael could tell he was mad.
"Y-yes sir. Right away sir." Agatha squeezed Michael hand before swiftly taking off towards the door. Not once did she look the boys grandfather in the eyes. Agatha walked out and closed the door behind her .
Grandpa didn't say a word as we walked up toe to toe with Michael. He to couldn't look him in the eyes.
" look at me."
Michael didn't move. Grandpa's anger was almost tangible and unfortunately Michael was slowly absorbing some.
"Look a-."
There was a knock at the door. In walked Mitch with a full pitcher of lemonade. " Hey grandp-"
Mitch choked on the end of his sentence due to the daggers that grandpa was throwing his way . The air suddenly felt stuffy. Mitch took one look at Michael and knew what was going on. Michael seemed like an angry puppy and Mitch as the youngest felt the need to protect his older bro.
"Lemonade?" Mitch offered a fake smile to his grandpa as he tilted the pitcher towards him.
" Don't fool with me boy ,you know what this about. Have. A. Seat."
Mitch sighed and place the pitcher on a nearby stand. He walked over to one their beds as he did he grabbed Michael's arm and lead him to sit down with him.
Grandpa begin to pace with one hand on his chin and the other folded behind his back.
"How much do you know." Grandpa asked.
Mitch tried to dismantle the building argument but Michael spoke first.
"Enough."
Grandpa came to a hault  in-font of Michael "Excuse me?"
Michael looked up at him. " We know enough about it to decide to do something?"
"Do something?" Mitch and grandpa said in unison.
"What do you mean do something about it ?That has nothing to do with you . It was over seventy years ago."
"Yeah seventy years you managed to keep it under THE TABLE!" Michael stood to his feet so he was toe to toe and nose to nose with grandpa. " He was your brother for Christ sake."
" Yeah my brother! Not my son why should I take responsibility for his lousy actions?"
"Lousy? His lOuSy actions costed a family's wellbeing!"
" SIT DOWN BOY ,YOU DONT KNOW NOTHING."Grandpa was red in the face as his voice reached its peak of volume.
Michael wasn't phased ,instead he returned it. " I KNOW ENOUGH.!" Michael yelled. "I KNOW THAT HE WAS YOUR BROTHER,OUR GREAT UNCLE. I KNOW THAT HE WAS A CROOK WHO SET UP AN INNOCENT MAN AND HIS FAMILY AND YOU DID NOTHING TO BUT WATCH . I KNOW ENOUGH TO FEEL THE NEED TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT .
Michael heaved for a moment to catch his breath and lower his voice. He narrowed his eyes and raised his finger at his grandfather. " I. Know. Enough."
Mitch was speechless for the first time Mitch didn't need to intervene. It's been a while to see Michael so riled up.
Grandpa clenched his jaw and didn't say a word for a minute. It was assumed Michael had over come him but grandpa had one more trick up his sleeve.
" You don't know that man's death was an accident. You don't know that the family wasn't completely innocent." Grandpa took a step closer to Michael so that he was looking down directly into Michael's eyes. " Yes my older brother ,Eugene. He did infact hunt other people's cattle just for the hell of it however it wasn't just him. That man's daughter did it at his side but when chaos began to rake across town he turned on her and blamed her father. You don't know that you're friend ,Sam.
She was left behind."

Mitch stood up, "What ? Nothing I found concludes to that . You're lying!"
Grandpa stood there unfazed by his outburst. " Of course you didn't Eugene had an huge influence on the town,after all he is the founder. Persuading the media to keep quiet wasnt a difficult task."
"But-."

A knock on the door interrupted Mitch next question.
Grandpa went to the door and opened it. In the doorway stood sam and mudon hand in hand. " Hey, Agatha said we'd find you guys in here. Cake is being served." Mudon chimed .
"Yea hurry before it's all gone ."
Grandpa smiled and looked at the boys. " I hope you change your mind but come it's time for dessert." He stepped passed the young couple and made his way to the downstairs.
Mudon watched after him then looked at the brothers. He felt something was off. " What you guys get a lecture about college or something?"

Mitch stretched his arms and rested them behind his head. " I wish."