Epilogue

Nala sat on the rock enjoying the light spray of water that would hit every few seconds and the peace and quiet. She needed a break from training the newly turned sirens and going over the guards rotation and duties. Asherah had failed to mention the many duties of general when she recommended her for the job and Cari didn't bother to tell her either but that was to be expected, she was far too busy being Empress. Nala had never really considered what exactly the Empress does since Aphrodite seemed to just sit on the throne or roam Atla every time Nala had seen her but Cari was different. She was making plans to expand Atla which took much of her time.

Asherah was a great help and putting her magnetic skills to work in negotiations with Queen Thalassa about territories and other boring things Nala didn't bother to focus on. She would only be called if the sirens were needed for war although Cari and Ash did both complain to her about their duties. Nala was busy most of the time as well. After felling her town there were many girls who survived the massacre and went on to become sirens. The most surprising addition was Evangeline, another rude girl from the sea caves, who did not take kindly to being ordered around by Nala but she learned. Nala complained too to her sirens but she loved her job as did her sisters.

Cari was a good ruler as everyone knew she would be. She offered to give Nala back her voice but she refused, there was a lesson to be learned and she would learn it. Hunting had defiantly become more of a challenge but as the years went by Nala grew used to drawing in the men with her face, her body, her beauty. It was very effective. The anger Nala had held in for so long was slowly ebbing away little by little. It made it easier to breathe and easier to live. Nala had Cari and Ash now and always and no longer needed the anger to be her constant companion.

There was one last thing Nala had to do to close that chapter of her life which is why she was sitting on this rock and watching a little brown house built near a cliff of a different town, waiting. Finally she saw a little figure run out all the way to the edge before smiling and throwing her arms up to the sky. She danced around and picked little flowers from the field. She screamed with delight when an older man, who looked a lot like a boy the siren used to know, picked her up and tickled her. They played together for a moment before the girl wandered off to the edge again and looked out towards the sea. A woman, all grown up who looked a lot like the siren, walked towards the man and gave him a small kiss before calling out to the little girl.

"Nala! Come inside! Dinner is ready!"

"Coming mother."

The siren on the rock watched the little family head back towards the house, a smile lighting up her beautiful face before she turned and dove back into the sea.