Chapter 9

Ember's pov

I waited for Lucifer to enter the library which by now has turned into a mini art gallery with a few of Lucifer's paintings. I must say the maids did a good job.

I started looking around the painting when suddenly something caught my eyes I moved closer only to see a beautiful painting. I was just mesmerized by it. I began to take in all the details of it.

'Huh, what's that' I thought to myself.
I looked closer to see a name which was hidden within the painting, it was probably the painter's name. I futher inspected the name and my eyes went wide because the name was none other than my mom's that is 'Iris Moonlight'.

All my life no one ever told me anything much about mom. They only showed me her photo and told that she was the daughter of Russian Mafia Leader and that's it. And today suddenly I come across a painting painted by her.

I started feeling dizzy, so I went and sat on a couch. Suddenly I heard heavy footsteps coming in my direction. I knew it was Lucifer, he came for the painting class. But now I want answers to my questions first and I will get them. I don't care about the punishments anymore, I just want answers.

Lucifer entered the library. But I didn't even acknowledged him which surely made him angry because he was clenching and unclenching his fist. Suddenly he yanked me to my feet by my hair, ignoring my yelp.

"You think you can do anything you wish huh." He said pulling my hair more.

"But know one thing I am the one incharge here. I think you need a reminder of that."

"Lu...."

SMACK
He slapped hard me across my face but still holding my hairs tightly making me whimper.

"Try again" he said in emotionless voice.

"Sir, I'm sorry" I said looking at him with pleading eyes.

He ran his hand through his hair and circling me.

"Sorry, really that's what you want to say, huh. Know one thing I hate sorries."

He suddenly shoved me down forcing me to catch myself as my knees painfully hit the floor.

"Stand up." He growled loudly making me whimper.

I somehow manage to stand up, which was very painful I am sure my knees are bruised. I looked at Lucifer only to find him looking at me with anger present in his brown eyes.

"I am going to say this once and only once, you will not disrespect me, do you understand?" He asks

"Yes" I whisper. I can hardly hear myself.

He grabs my face"Yes what?"

My face begin to burn as his warm hand grip it. Oh my God how does he expect me to speak.

"Y-yes sir," I finally spit out...

"Tut-tut it seems that my last punishment was not enough but no worries I'll arrange another one afterwards." He said in a low and dominant voice that send shivers down my spine

"Rightnow I am here for your painting class so we'll begin with it. But before that I want to the reason behind your impudent behaviour." He stated calmly

I pointed towards the painting and quietly said, "Mom used to paint."

I looked in his eyes and I am sure as hell they soften for a bit but again became stone cold within fraction of seconds.