Chapter 15: Changing Behavior

She tell him the details what she heard in Paris.  Actually She was up when Varun was talking in Balcony, so she went to him but after hearing Maria name she hid herself and eardrop his conversation with Prakash and when he was done, she run to bed and act like she just wokeup.

"As expected they checked for you on airport its good we booked  fake flight to Toronto in Maria's name" he spoke a bit laughing.

She recalled the day they left New York.

That day after accident they stopped their car a bit far from Airport, Mr. Singh brought her ticket of flight to Toronto with a bag and her mask as she forgot it at car and told her the plan.

She wore the mask and take a taxi and went to Airport. There she checkout and went to plane's bathroom and changed her cloths in given bag and throw the mask in dustbin.

She sat to her seat looking at window nervously, then promptly a staff came and gave her her Uncle's watch means he was a man of Mr. Singh.

She followed him and he showed her way to out of plane from cargo side. She left the plane with Mr. Singh who are waiting down, took her to his private jet and that's how they escape city without letting anyone know that Maria actually left for London.

"You are really smart Father-in-law" she replied with a small laugh.

"I was not Mafia King just for name dear" she hummed happily on his statement and they end call after biding farewell. 

 She put her phone back and sighed "Sorry Varun but I can't let you get her."

Its evening and as usual Mahi was preparing dinner. The doorbell ringed and she opened the door reveling Varun. She bowed her head and went back to kitchen not waiting for his response.

"What's with that mood?" he mumbled as her aura felt different like.... dark and also she didn't message to him what he wanna eat to whom he never replied before.

Since after that talk in flight she didn't looked or talk to him. He shrugged it and went to his room to take shower.

As he finished his job he came down and saw dishes were already served so he sat and Mahi came to dinning hall.

She poured food in two plates and put one infront of him and took another to last edge of table and sit down, eating quietly.

The silence was nothing new but Varun wanna to hear her, talk to her like they did in Paris but his ego and cold personality didn't let him start conversation.

After the dinner she took the plates back and starts washing them, she could feel intense stares on her but she ignored.

Varun couldn't take his eyes from her, he felt like he is being ignored and want her attention. Once she was done he was about to say something but Mahi went straight to stairs and up to her room and then he heard door slam. He sighed and went to his room.

------

It was 1 a.m. and Varun couldn't able to sleep. He keep turn-tossing on bed.

"This not gonna work.." he said getting up from bed and went to kitchen to drink water.

As he reached his door he paused and a sudden urge to see Mahi came to his mind so he turn his feet and went to her room.

He open the door and saw his little bear sleeping. He reached her and stare at her like he don't wanna leave.

Without thinking twice he pull the blanket up and merge in the bed covering her and himself and back hug her holding her waist tightly.