(31) Message

Third POV

"What am I supposed to say?"

"I don't know. YOU'RE the dad..!' You spoke to him in a hushed voice, glancing at Chanyeol who luckily got distracted by an apple Namjoon had cut for him. You took a deep breath, looking at Namjoon nervously to hold his hands with a slight pout on your face. "I don't want him to hate me."

Namjoon let out a small chuckle and tightened his grip around your hands. "I'm sure he'll hate me more than he'll hate you bub." He rolled his eyes a little bit. "The question is... are you sure you're confident about us to tell Chanyeol?"

Were you sure? You weren't sure that you would have it in your heart to abandon Chanyeol once you admitted you had some real feelings for his father. This is all your fault for going around and telling him that you only kiss people you love. "What if... despite everything that we want and everything that may be going on right now... what if I have to leave you?" You whispered quietly, a slight pain affecting your heart as you thought about it.

He did nothing but smile. A pained smile as he looked down at you. "You won't be punished for having a change of heart. The moment you walk out of the door, you can. I don't want you to feel like you're forced to be here." He looked sad and you took a deep breath.

One step at a time.

He didn't want you to be sad and you didn't want to go and make it worse by your poor choice of words. "I like you. A strong like that I know I won't be leaving for a long time." You pulled your hands away and reached for his face, holding it safely. "Love changes and I know I can be a pretty intolerable person at times." You smiled and took the courage within you to kiss him in front of Chanyeol.

Just to be followed by a small gasp from the smaller child.

"You- you did it- Y/N kissed papa agwain!' You looked at Namjoon whose face was slightly flushed. Chanyeol ran around the two of you to stand and try to part the two of you apart. "Papa, you kiss Y/N?" He looked up at Namjoon who glanced at you, as if asking for permission to tell him.

You nodded, having a feeling that it was the smartest decision so far.

"Chanyeol, how about we sit down?" He gestured to the couch but held Chanyeol's hand when guiding him to the couch. "You see.. The thing between me and Y/N- uh-" When he tried to sit Chanyeol next to him, he ran to sit next to you.

You giggled and lifted him to sit on your lap carefully, your hands around his small waist and your head on top of his. He had gotten bigger, heavier too.

How long have you been here to take notice of the change?

"We're close friends." You tried to speak in Namjoon's place and tried to have a look at Chanyeol's face to make sure he understood what you said. "Friends who... like each other." You raised your brows and glanced at namjoon to make sure you didn't say anything out of place. He smiled, his eyes on the two of you.

Chanyeol turned around to look at you face to face. "You wove each owther?" A blush came on your cheeks but you smiled, shaking your head. "No? So why kiss?"

"Well, that's because when you like each other, you're trying to find out if you love one another..." you didn't lie to him. "Ok?" You smiled and held his small hands. Chanyeol stood off the couch and stared at Namjoon. "You understand Chanyeol? Papa and I are close friends which is why sometimes we would be seen..."

"Hugging each other..." Namjoon finally chimed in and smiled at you, sending you a small wink. Causing a small blush to creep up on your face. "And if I decide to kiss Y/N, you can't go and get all pouty on me." He poked his son's nose, causing his son to let out a small giggle. "Ok?"

Chanyeol nodded. "It's fine papa," he got on the tip of his toes to whisper something in Namjoon's ear.

"You don't want to tell me?" Chanyeol glanced at you, his cheeks pink as he shook his head and hid his face in his father's neck.

"Secwet."

Thinking not much of it, you took your eyes off the shirtless Namjoon and his son to glance at the clock only to see that the release of the single would be happening in no time. "Oh.. shoot." You stood from the couch and looked around. "Chan, where did you put the remote bubby?" You looked around and he stepped up, handing you the remote.

"What is it? What is it?"

You tried fixing your face so that your face wouldn't be hidden. "Your single is about to start streaming." You turned the tv on and somehow ended up on the floor instead of the couch right next to you.

"There's half an hour missing, Y/N."

You looked at the clock and agreed with him. "It's good to have it on screen while we wait though..!" You insisted, getting a smile as a response from Namjoon.

"...right." He stood, stretching around to give you a kind of perfect view to his well built torso. Looking at his muscles flex caused your face to go warm and you instantly looked down at the floor. "What should we eat today, I can do the cooking."

"I'm fine with anything," you spoke, turning down the countdown volume. "What about you Chanyeol?" You avoided eye contact with Namjoon, trying to keep your face from going red and namjoon from noticing.

Chanyeol put on his thinking face, his little finger coming in contact with his chin. "I wan'..." he started thinking. "Gimbap."

You didn't know how to make that.

"Uh- Joon?" You glanced at him, hoping he knew how to make it.

He looked just as panicked. "We can order takeout." He lifted his phone up and you glanced at Chanyeol to see if he had anything to say.

"Takeout sounds good." You giggled and finally stood from the floor. "I'm going to quickly shower while you do whatever you're doing. Yeah?"

Chanyeol gave you a thumbs up and followed behind his father to the kitchen. You stared at Namjoon's back muscles until he looked back at you. The moment you two made eye contact, you rushed to your room to look for a change of clothes.

Grabbing the first thing you saw, you grabbed your towel and walked to the bathroom, hearing Namjoon having a conversation with Chanyeol.

"Are you sure you want gimbap, we can have something easier to make right now. We don't have to wait a long time-"

"Gimbap!" Chanyeol cheered and you heard the loudest sigh come from Namjoon as he let out a small 'alright'.

As if on cue, when you closed the door to the bathroom, your phone went off. Alerting you of a new message.

'You must be Y/F/N. We have to meet.'