(17) - A Fighter, Dancing Through the Fire

Mulan and her alternate daughter were currently setting up the camp they are going to live in during their stay in Storybrooke.

"So... Mulan. Where've you been all this time?" Lonnie asked as she was gathering firewood as Mulan was setting up the tent.

The older warrior sighed, "All over the place, really. After fighting in the war in my homeland, China, I felt my role in the world wasn't over. I've been to many different realms—Misthaven, DunBroch, Agrabah, Camelot, Arendelle, trying to help make a difference in any way I can. Most recently, I was a protector of Oz with my two friends, Ruby and Dorothy... until I was greeted by cyclone with which the former Wicked Witch arrived to tell me I had a child from another world."

"Sorry I pulled you out of your life," Lonnie apologized.

Mulan just chuckled, "That's alright. I've been looking for a new adventure anyway. I was never really the type of person able to sit still."

"We have that in common," Lonnie chuckled.

Lonnie surprisingly felt no awkwardness around her alternate mother, even excited to bond with her. Don't get her wrong, she had no desire to replace her real mother—she was appalled with the idea. Her mother was her favorite person, her hero, and would hold a place in her heart that no one could ever take. Lonnie unconsciously gave a fond smile, thinking about her—but she saw no harm in getting to know another version of her.

Lonnie got lost in thought and was pulled out by a sharp pain in her hand. The knife she was using to start the fire had made a thin cut on the side of her hand. She hissed as it began to bleed.

Mulan heard her sound of pain before rushing over in worry. "Are you okay?"

Lonnie nodded, "Yeah, just a cut. Not that deep."

It continued to bleed before Mulan took out a bottle of something and sat Lonnie down before pouring it over the cut without warning.

Lonnie hissed in pain louder at the sudden sting in her injury. "What are you doing?!"

"Disinfecting the wound," she said before taking a piece of cloth and began to slowly wrap it around the cut.

"A little warning would have been nice."

"It's better if you don't expect it coming," Mulan shrugged as she finished wrapping Lonnie's hand. "Better?"

"Yes. Thank you," Lonnie smiled.

Mulan took the knife from her alternate daughter. "I'll continue building the fire. You can finish setting up the tent. I would like to return you to your realm in one piece."

Lonnie chuckled as she examined her now bandaged hand, "Sure thing."

(A/N): Really short chapter again. I kinda just want to get the moving in chapters done so we could get into the plot.