22.

Peyton.

"But babe." I whined. "I really need this, it would make the living room pop with color." Kol sighed and handed over the money to the man who was selling the vases. "Sweetpea you know you've bought so many things that when we get back your apartment will look like a hoarders home." Kol chided and I pouted.

"I know, I might as well look for another apartment." I mumbled knowing I had literally bought things enough to fill a house than an apartment, maybe it was time to change and actually get a house. "We could look at a few and see any that you like." Kol offered but I didn't want him to go through the torture of my indecisiveness.

"No I have enough money saved up, I think it's time I get a house, I can't keep on living in an apartment for long anyway." I asserted and he seemed pleased by my decision. "I wanted to offer my apartment but a house seems a lot more appropriate." He added and I smiled toward him, we had officially spent two months in Europe instead of the intended one and half which honestly, I don't regret.

Kol and I were at a stage in our relationship where we had fights and make up sex, we weren't perfect that was for sure but I had grown to love him, and his manly habits, like propping his feet on the coffee table, walking around the hotel room either naked or in boxers, and the cute yet cheesy one where he couldn't sleep without making sure I was his body pillow.

"The joys of shopping in Europe." I mumbled as I stared out at the vast market where anything and everything was being sold. "I miss Brussels it's much much more quiet." I chuckled knowing Kol hated being in London, he thought it was too loud for his health and I begged to differ.

I liked the hum of the city, the culture and the accents themselves, their food was amazing and I had made several trips to Soho just to try different kinds of dishes, which was absolutely the best memory of being in Europe except those in Paris.

"So are you going to torture me more with shopping or are we going back to the hotel, I'm hungry." I chuckled as it was Kol's turn to whine about something utterly ridiculous, but I couldn't starve my man, he was all mine. "Let's look around a little then we go back, and I can finally start house hunting." I suggested and he nodded whilst taking my hand.

"Do you want to go back?" He questioned and I knew it was about home, honestly I didn't want to go back, my time here had made such an impact on me, it had changed me for the better and also Kol as well, though the trip was for fun we ended up going to a couple of meetings for couples like us, it wasn't therapy exactly but it was a foundation we needed.

Kol had done well with his anger management and also I had gotten a grip on my insecurities, the fact that he's a divorced man had churned my stomach at one time and I contemplated being with Kol but those meetings helped a lot, I saw Kol in a different light, understood him better as he understood me better, I was sure we were ready to face our friends and family back in North City but leaving Europe would still be hard and I didn't want to do it, it had been the best time of my life.

"Can we stay, for another month, I know we have to go back but babe I'm not ready, I just—." Kol cut me off with a kiss, that I melted right into even if we were in public, surrounded by a lot of people. "I understand mon ami, we won't go and we'll stay for another month though that will require we go to the beach house dad owns." He asserted and I grinned like a cheshire when he suggested the option.

"Yes please, daddy." I mumbled in his ear making him groan. "Naughty little one." He mumbled back making me giggle, I was glad that my laugh was cute according to Kol because at times I felt as if Shawn was making whale noises when he giggled and that triggered me. "I'm sure Doc won't mind covering for you." Kol exclaimed and I felt a little bit down.

I hadn't seen Doc physically in two months, he was still his bubbly self except that now he had a man he was dating, and to my knowledge, the man was gorgeous even before he finally showed me the picture, I wanted to share in my best friends happiness as he finally found someone who made him flush and his knees go weak like Kol did with me.

"I know he won't mind but I miss him, I will make sure to call him and Havier Tajil when we get home." I replied Kol as he eyed me suspiciously when I picked up another vase. "You know if we have a kid and they have sugar rush, all those pretty little vases of yours will be broken in one day right." He argued and I turned to look at him with a questioning brow.

"So you want to have a kid with me?" The prospect of having a child with Kol meant he wasn't living in the moment but rather planning so far ahead that even I was surprised and happy about it, he was in this for the long term run and it made me happy inside to know that. "Yes, yes I want to have a kid with you, and he'll have your curly hair and those dark blue-grey eyes along with my stubbornness." He added and I burst out laughing.

"That sounded like our kid right there." I remarked with a smile as I paid for the final vase and we made our way back to the hotel. "He will be one trouble maker indeed." Kol asserted as we walked hand in hand. "I think we can handle it." I soothed and he chuckled, I knew Kol was just like any other man, he wanted a child or children, and I wanted that as well, I always wanted a child, and finding out that he was on board with that I couldn't have praised any higher being up there more than I did then.

Though I knew he had a rocky past with Kat, they were supposed to have a child but Kat in her selfishness aborted the child, the reason, she didn't want to ruin her career as a model, and also she wasn't ready to be a mother, but question is, who is ever ready to be a mother, who is ever ready to be a parent, unless you planned meticulously and used two condoms along with double contraceptive intake.

It happens, and you just have to accept it. So when Kol found out, it broke him, it truly hurt him and in his grief, a grave was made for the child he was denied, his baby girl, she would never see the first dawn. I felt sadness and anger because of what Kat did to Kol but I realized I needed to be the better one, I needed to help Kol and finally grant him the wish he wanted, but not just for him but for me too.

It's why I was happy that he was looking beyond this moment to our future together, because I was obviously getting a house and what's a house without a family to live with, though I still had time to plan everything my conviction was already set. "Are you done packing?" Kol questioned as I placed the last of his documents in the bag along with his gadgets and mine.
.

"Yes let's go." I responded with a smile making him laugh. "Good, the beach house is a bit of a drive but if we can make time without traffic we'll get there early." Kol explained as our bags were being taken outside. "Kol I love you." I mumbled as my hand slipped onto his larger one. "I'm in love with you sweet pea."

+++

LMJ