twenty eight

Arsalaan felt like a burglar, as he climbed on the pipes of the Abbasi mansion like a pro. The last time he did this, he managed to go out the same way, and asked his wife to come down and made it as if they haven't spent the night together at all. That was months ago when Malaika's memories were lost. He was pretty confident that this time will be just the same, how very wrong he was.

"I knew it." Fahad's voice startled him, as he jumped into Malaika's balcony. Arsalaan face palmed himself, of all the people why it should be his stupid friend, he thought with a frown.

"What are you doing here?" they both questioned at the same time, one with a frown while the other one with a teasing smirk.

"You know what I'm doing," Arsalaan replied in a duh tone as he dusted his pants and his friend snorted at him.

"You're not allowed to meet her before the wedding," Fahad smirked adding more salts on his friend's wounds, who groaned at the mention of that.

"She's my wife already. I don't see the point here." Arsalaan whined like a kid who was denied his favourite candy. Fahad laughed out loud at his expense making him roll his eyes.

"I feel sorry for you, but you should have thought well before proposing such ideas. Enjoy now." Fahad smirked evilly, Arsalaan only glared.

"But what are you doing in here?" Arsalaan questioned as he eyed the empty room of Malaika with a frown.

"She's staying in Amy's room. I knew that you'd do something like this, I heard some noises from the back yard and guessed it was definitely you. Now good luck not seeing her for two more days. Shoo away, lover boy." Fahad grinned at him smugly and his friend gave him a dirty look, "why?" Arsalaan whined again.

"You asked for it."

"What was the need for the second wedding anyway?" Fahad asked curiously and slowly Arsalaan's memory drifted down the lane as a small smile etched on his lips.

It was one calm and cold winter morning. Malaika was all snuggled up in her blanket as Arsalaan worked on his laptop with a serious expression on his face while she watched a movie on her tab. There was a scene in which the hero and heroine tied the knots and a wide smile formed on her lips as she watched all the fuss and beauty behind the marriage scenes and the fact that she didn't remember any of those about her own marriage made her sad.

Pausing the movie in midway, she looked at her workaholic husband, "Arsalaan... Let's get married again." she demanded in very a serious tone that made him cough vigorously, "you want to what?"

"Get married again." Malaika replied with a frown, which made him shut his laptop and he got up from the sofa and made his way to the bed, "why?" he asked her whilst taking a seat across her.

"Because I don't remember any of it, I'm okay with not having my memories back, but I want to relive my marriage at least. It makes me so mad knowing that I don't remember my own marriage, how pathetic, right?" Arsalaan went speechless at her question. It was their marriage that has caused all this chaos in the first place, she lost her memory because of that and here she wants to marry him again it seems. It only made him more guilty.

"I- yes-no." he had no clue what to say.

"Yes or no?" she demanded firmly, angry at herself for forgetting the most precious day of her life, "fine. We will get married again." What has he gotten himself into? He wondered with an inward groan.

"Promise?"

"Promise." a week after that promise Malaika got back her memories and the rest was history.