Chapter thirteen

My heart was like a never ending waterfall of pain, once I stepped over the edge of the cliff  it was hard for me to feel anything other than the coldness of the water. It was hard for me to swim back up to the surface, so I just drown and drown and drown.

I opened my eyes and realized I was no longer in the light realm or in Elysian. I was in a plane. Well a jet. I guess that meant we were no longer in New York either. I never got to see mom. Not that I wanted to but still it would've been nice to see Finn.

"You're awake?" a soft voice whispered.

I turned to Mara who sat next to me, I looked around seeing it was night time and the group was asleep, with the exception of Mara. "What happened? How long have I been unconscious?"

"Only like five hours," she replied.

"Only?" I gaped at her.

"Well you were actually supposed to be knocked out for a few days but you recovered surprisingly quickly," Mara explained leaning back against her chair, her auburn waves spread out across her shoulders. Her thick eyebrows narrowed. "I guess Aradia was right when she said you were powerful."

"She said that?" I didn't believe it. "But-but I'm only half."

Mara's eyes shot to where Kaida slept, a look passed over her face that I didn't quite understand. I looked at her and wondered what Kaida had to do with my statement. "Sometimes half is more powerful."

"Kaida? She's half? Like me?" I questioned. Mara didn't answer my question which evidently answered it.  "Why didn't you-?"

"Ryn," Mara cut me off with somewhat of a frown on her face. "It is not my business to tell, it's none of ours. The only person who can give you answers is Kaida."

I nodded, disappointed. "So ... what else did Aradia say about me?"

"She said that one day you will rule the light realm."

I laughed at her words and when she didn't laugh with me I stopped. She was dead serious. I dropped my smile. "No way!"

Mara nodded. And she didn't seem too happy about it either.

"Well, she's wrong," I argued.

Mara shot me a blank look. "Aradia is the most powerful seer in the light realm, if not ever."

"I don't believe it," I said simply.

"You don't have to."

I opened my mouth to question her when A loud bang erupted from the right side of the jet as if something had hit it. In seconds each of the Devara shot up. "What was that?" just as i said the words another bang came from the other side of the jet, with so much force it rattled and shook the whole thing. I stood up just as everyone else did. My heart jumped into my throat. I hated planes and this didn't help.

Oh my god! we were going to crash! Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god.

"Turbulence?" Octavious questioned, his gaze turning Bash for help and answer.

Bash shook his head, staring intently into Octavious's gaze, there were words behind their stares. "Greer."

"No way," Everson whispered.

"We were careful," Nyan offered.

"We must have been spotted somehow," Kaida growled, her furious stare turning to me. "This is her fault."

I was so tired of her hating me for no reason. "How is this my fault?"

"If it weren't for you we wouldn't have left Crestwood in the first place!"