Proximity

Arnav grabbed Khushi by her waist and pulled her close to him. He put a finger on her lips to silence her. "You talk too much, you know that right?"

Khushi eyes widened. Her breathing became shallow, she didn't know his finger could cause such chaos within her. It felt so good on her lips, she wanted to kiss it, maybe more.

Get your mind out of the gutter Khushi.

Arnav laughed out loud. "Yeah Khushi, get your mind out of the gutter."

Khushi gasped, "You read minds?"
Arnav smirked, "Only yours."

Khushi narrowed her eyes, "Liar."

"No, I'm not a liar. It's easy to read minds when the person says it out loud", Arnav laughed again.

Khushi was flushed, she was so naive sometimes. She wanted more intimacy, but she knew it wasn't allowed yet nor did she know how to ask him. 

Khushi released herself from his grip again, but Arnav couldn't let her go. He pulled her closer and kissed her on her cheek. 

"I missed you so much. I'm sorry for not calling you, I thought you would be busy. Do you know how many times I sat in front of your house, wanting to see just a glimpse of you? You are  driving me crazy Khushi."

Khushi leaned in closer to his scent. "You should've said something."

Arnav looked at her, "you didn't say anything either."

Khushi grunted, "well I can't always be the first one to say something."

Arnav snuggled into the crease of her neck, kissing her softly.

"I flirt with you all the time, that should say a lot."

Khushi laughed, "What you do doesn't count as flirting Mr.Raizada."

"Are you calling me a bad flirt because let me remind you that girls die for me?"

"Hmm, I see, well I think I will be the better judge of that."

Arnav smirked, "Please do because I would only do these things for you and to you"

Khushi rolled her eyes, while a smile now adorned her lips. 

"I hope so", Khushi moaned as Arnav sucked on the side of her neck.

Arnav leaned back, "After marriage and even now Khushi, I promise that I will only be yours and nobody else's."

Khushi smiled brightly and then bit her lip, "You sure?'

Arnav nodded.

"What about my sautan?"

Arnav knitted his eyebrows in confusion, "What do you mean?"

"Aren't you already married?"

"Khushi, I don't get what you're saying."

"I thought you were married to your work. Isn't that what you told me the first day we met?"

Arnav rolled his eyes, "Whatever."

"See Arnav ji, you didn't even defend yourself," Khushi jokingly slapped him on his shoulder.

Arnav chuckled, "I'll divorce her temporarily after our marriage. I need to spend more time with my second wife so she doesn't drive me crazy too."

Khushi giggled, "Can we eat now? I'm really hungry!"

"Woah jaan, lets keep this pg-rated! I didn't know you wanted me that bad."

Khushi was left stunned with the way he twisted her words, "I didn't mean that.."

Arnav smirked, "Well that's exactly what I meant."

"No, stop. You have to eat first."

"I am talking about eating, but a different dish."

Khushi ignored him and dragged him to the couch. Her cheeks were on fire and she didn't want to drag this conversation any longer because it might lead somewhere else. 

Arnav cleared his throat and gave a sly smile toward Khushi.

"Chalo, now open your mouth."

Khushi took a small piece of roti and dipped it into some dal then fed him. Arnav looked at her intently, and opened his mouth to eat. Then soon enough he started feeding her too. After a few minutes, silence spread in the room when they both were done feeding each other. 

Khushi started wrapping everything up and Arnav also helped her.

"I should leave now Arnav ji, it's getting quite late."

Arnav hummed in agreement, "You forgot one thing though."

Khushi looked at him while packing the tiffin, "what?"

"There was no dessert."

"Arnav ji you're diabetic. I would've made you something sugar-free but I didn't have time, sorry", Khushi pouted.

Arnav smiled, he pulled her close to him and flicked her nose lightly, "You're too cute Khushi, so I'll forgive you but I still want something sweet."

Khushi blushed under his intense gaze, "like what.."

Arnav dipped closer to her mouth, "can I?"

Should we be doing this before marriage?

Khushi felt him lean closer, but at the last moment she backed away.

"Arnav ji, I can't. Sorry."

Arnav became uncomfortable suddenly. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to do that Khushi."

Khushi stepped closer, "No, it wasn't..."

Arnav cleared his throat, "Khushi its getting late, you should leave."

Khushi wanted to clarify herself, but once again he cut her off. Khushi picked up the tiffin and then stood near the door.

"Won't you be leaving?"

Arnav put one hand in his pocket and the other scratched the back of his neck.

"I'll leave in a bit. Do you want me to drop you off?"

"If you want to."

Arnav nodded, "sure."

Khushi stepped out of his office and quickly text her sister to leave without her. Little did she know that her older sister was happy that Khushi was able to go with Arnav or how else would she be able to spend more time with Akash.