1

A few minutes had passed since I woke up and I was still panting and gasping for breath harshly. I knew that wasn't a dream. The pain of what happened and the torture was too vivid... too realistic to be just a made up notion from my subconscious.

Rather than the sun, the moon was still high up in the sky, indicating that it was nighttime. Everyone's asleep. Once calming down I walked to the bathroom and clapped my hands twice.

The magic flowed around me and the candles flickered on. Using the light from them I went to the mirror and checked my reflection. I would have gasped at what I saw if I were more in tune with my emotions.

Rather than my eighteen years old dying self, in front of me was an eight year old girl. Hardly close to puberty and... still clueless to the bigger world.

I wanted to run my face through some cold water but the knowledge that all the servants were asleep stopped me. With a sigh I went back to bed and got in.

Even if I want to do something I can't seeing as it is late at night. With a lot of struggle I managed to make myself fall asleep.

--------

The sound of birds chirping roused me from my sleep. Instead of waiting for a servant to come and to 'wake' me I got out of bed.

Either way if they did so things wouldn't end well. I was never liked by them from a young age yet I was too arrogant to take that into account. Well, all but one...

Just then a servant came bursting through into the room with panic written all over her face. When she saw me her panic grew. "O-oh my, I-im sorry my lady for being late," she said as she stood there trying to regain her composer.

I smiled at Anne

I smiled at Anne. "There's no need to apologise." The urge to cry hit strongly. Anne was someone who chose to stay by my side through thick and thin and unfortunately that led to her dying in my arms with a smile knowing that she saved me or so we thought.

Upon seeing my smile a blush came to her cheeks along with teary eyes as she covered her mouth. "Oh, my lady is smiling," she said in shock as she continued looking.

I get why. I wasn't known for smiles nor happiness. It was like that since I was born which is what led people even more to believe I was a cursed child.

Now, to get down to business. "Anne, what is the date?" I asked. "It's the Imperial year 1225." Just as I thought. 10 years before my death and two before my brother's."

"Anne, please prepare my bath." She bowed then went to do so while I contemplated over the turn of events. A second chance. That's what this was. A chance to escape that horrible fate. I thought and thought until the sound of Anne's voice brought me out of my thoughts.

No ideas came to me as I sat in the tub while Anne washed me. The only thing I knew was that I couldn't stay here. Then a thought dawned to me. My uncle.

The previous Emperor of Elderon, Callisto Regulus had two sons with Empress Diana. The first being my father, Claude Regulus and secondly my uncle, Reynold Regulus.

Claude Regulus (imagine blue eyes)

Reynold Regulus

Despite the title of the crown prince, there was fierce competition between my father and his brother due to both being exceptional leaders.

While half of the nobles supported my father, the same could be said for Uncle. The commoners support was also divided towards them. Ultimately, what stopped the battle of power between the two wasn't larger support nor death but love, as funny that may be. Love for a fallen noble.

My cousins mother. Despite officially giving up the right to the crown, tensions still ran high between the brothers seeing as uncle posed a threat to my father. Of course he wasn't truly interested, but seeing the type of man that father is he did not believe that his younger brother would truly give up the right to the throne.

Due to him being a legible heir to the throne right after my father Penelope recognized him as a threat. Something which needed to be dealt with. So through backing powers and major support she managed to frame the Magnus family for false crimes which led to their execution.

Since our brother was gone and so was any other threat, all that remained was me....

Getting him to adopt me would be hard but not impossible and seeing as my father barely remembered that I existed or at least tried to forget my existence, slipping away would not be that hard.

Before helping me dress I stopped Anne. "Anne, please help me put on outting clothes," I asked. She looked surprised and confused. "Wearing such in the presence of his highness would not be good."

I gave her a look of bewilderment. "I'm not going to see his highness," I stated. Anne looked shocked. "What do you mean by that?" Heh. I almost laughed aloud. "I have no interest in going to the same room as someone who does not value me. He can eat with his beloved daughter and son."

"My lady..." she trailed off as tears began to build up in her eyes. She knew, more than anyone else here, how terrible the relationship between my father and I was. After all he still blames me for his mistake.

"Don't cry for a lost cause Anne. Showing such emotions is weakness and if you are to serve under me then such weakness can't be shown." She nodded then quickly wiped her eyes. I gave her a soft smile once her tears were gone.

"Now, may you please get the outting wear." She nodded and went into the closet.