20| Cyborg Cider Man and Back to School

3rd Person P.O.V

Walking through the park with Mera, (Y/N) decided to speak up.

"It's okay, Mera. You can always find another job that doesn't involve food," She said while patting the dejected girl's back.

"But they always gave me the leftovers to eat," she raised her voice and clenched her fists, "But it wasn't enough to feed my family so I was starving!" 

(Y/N) sweatdropped and said, "But did you really have to lick the food off of the table??"

Mera sighed and crossed off the name of the job on her notepad, which was the last name on the list.

"Do you know any other places that are hiring?"

"Hm...I heard the convenience store near my house is in need of temporary help. I was thinking of trying it out, but I think you need it more than I do." (Y/N) replied while writing the address on Mera's notepad.

"Thanks! I'll go right now!" She raised her head in confidence and ran off in the direction of the address. 

(Y/N) waved at her until hearing a high, child-like voice from behind her.

"Hurry up Cyborg Cider Man Number 2! The Evil Barron Cola is getting away!"

She turned around on instinct to make sure no one was going to run into her and paused at the sight in front of her.

"Hahaha! You'll never catch me, you little squirt!"

(Y/N) saw Nendou running towards her with his attention on the little boy who was chasing him, and as she opened her mouth to speak, he ran into her.

"Oh, hi, Nend-Oof!"

"Oh, sorry," Nendou stopped running and held an arm out to (Y/N).

(Y/N) looked at his dirty hand and was immediately convinced to stand up without his help, dusting herself off as Yuuta and Saiki finally managed to catch up to the butt-chinned idiot.

"Look, Cyborg Cider man No. 2! Barron Cola harmed an average citizen! We must stop him!"

His words pierced (Y/N) like a sharp arrow and she despondently looked at the floor.

'Average...citizen?'

Saiki nodded and took out a pair of toy handcuffs, cuffing them on Nendou's wrists and giving a thumbs up.

"Yay! We did it!"

After (Y/N) recovered she looked at the new and unfamiliar child, curious as to who he was.

"Oh yeah, sorry for bumping into you, glasses girl," Nendou said over his shoulder, as both his hands were handcuffed behind him and the little green-haired boy was pushing him.

'Looks like she has a new nickname' Saiki mentally thought after hearing the name Nendou called (Y/N).

"Ah, yeah, it's fine." She waved her hand in dismissal and glanced to the side.

'It's not like I was deprived of oxygen or anything.'

Forgetting about that matter, her attention drifted toward the unknown individual, and she curiously asked, "Who's this?" 

She pointed towards the small boy who kept calling Saiki 'Cyborg Cider Man No.2' and Nendou the 'Evil Barron Cola'.

Yuuta Iridatsu at your service, ma'am!" He raised his hand in salute, although his thick jacket only let him raise his arm halfway.

"(Y/N) at your service, sir" she responded.

A cold breeze blew by and (Y/N) shivered as she realized that Nendou wasn't wearing any sweaters, just a casual flannel, and a thin shirt.