thirty

"Are you okay?" Aurora asked Draco quickly as they ran through the marble staircase quickly, firing spells at all the Death Eaters. She knew this had to be hard and scary for him. He nodded, not speaking. "You don't have to come with us. I know this is a lot, and you have a lot on the line."

He looked over at her, knowing she truly understood him and his life. No one ever understood him before. He was so thankful. This was all he ever wanted or needed. He gave her a reassuring smile. "I want to."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive. No matter what happens, I know I don't want to be without you anymore. No matter what happens, I know I won't die a coward. I'll die fighting— fighting the good fight, which is the side I belong to. No matter what happens... I'm not afraid anymore." He nodded.

"I love you so much." She grinned at him

"I love you so much more." He replied, and they continued to race down to the boathouse, where Voldemort was and had asked Lucius to find Severus. Harry held them back quickly as they went to run out the door, making Hermione narrowly avoid a spell that had been casted. Harry stunned the culprit before they all ran out. They remained alert to everything, but it seemed each way they turned, there was another enemy. They came upon Greyback eating from Lavender's dead body. That devastated them all.

"No!" Hermione screamed. In that moment, she regretted everything that transpired between them. She casted Greyback back and out the window. As they ran to the bridge, they saw hundreds of Dementors coming towards them. They looked over to see Aberforth. He casted a massive Patronus Charm to fend them all off, allowing them to go.

"Was that... Aberforth Dumbledore?" Draco asked, and Aurora nodded. They finally made their way down to the boathouse, hiding and listening in on their conversation. Draco was a little nervous, of course. He'd never really done anything like this before. But, he wasn't scared. Not anymore. He was done being scared, being a coward.

"You have performed extraordinary magic with this wand, my Lord, and in the last few hours alone." They heard Snape explain to Voldemort.

"No... No, I am extraordinary. But the wand resists me." He replied, stepping towards him as Nagini slithered beside him.

"There is no wand more powerful. Ollivander himself has said it. Tonight, when the boy comes, it will not fail you. I am sure of it. It answers to you, and you only." Snape told him, and Voldemort just gave him a look.

"Does it?"

"My Lord?"

"The wand, does it truly answer to me? You're a clever man, Severus. Surely you must know. Where does its true loyalty lie?"

"With you, of course, my Lord." Snape replied, but he wasn't being very convincing. Not this time.

"The Elder Wand cannot serve me properly because I am not its true master. The Elder Wand belongs to the wizard who killed its last owner." Voldemort stated, making Snape realize what he was getting at. He was all wrong, though, but as long as he continued to stay wrong. "You killed Dumbledore, Severus. While you live, the Elder Wand cannot truly be mine. You've been a good and faithful servant, Severus. But only I can live forever."

"My Lord..." Suddenly, Voldemort waved his wand, and used Sectumsempra to slash Snape's throat. He was still alive, though, and he sent Nagini at him. They watched from the side as the Snape's body continuously slammed against the window. They listened to him struggle to breathe, and they knew there was nothing they could do. After Voldemort left, they rushed inside. He was just barely still alive. Both Harry and Aurora knelt down next to him. She placed her hand to his neck, trying to stop the bleeding. A tear fell from his eye.