2-Perfectly capable

Hiraeth

As soon as I reach home, I go straight up to my room, not even wanting to get lunch.
I plop down on the bed, the scene replaying in my head.

How can someone look so good but be so bad?
I'm not one to judge a book by its cover but he scared the shit out of me.

But his face...Beautiful face, god sure does have his favorites, doesn't he?

The ringing of my phone brings me out of lifeless staring at the ceiling, I check it and it's Mia.
She's one of my few friends.

"Hey what's up," I ask

"Hey, I was thinking let's do a sleepover tonight, you up for that ?"

I think that might be a good idea

"Sure, I'll be at your place by 7" and I hang up as she agrees.

I decide to take a nap before heading to her place, lost in my thoughts I drift away quickly.

———

I wake up and check the time, 6:30.
SHIT

I get up quickly, giving myself whiplash, I grab a duffle bag and put an extra outfit in it with some other essentials like charger and skin care that I regularly use.

I leave my house at 6:45 and try to calm myself instead of hurrying since if I'm gonna be late anyways I'd rather not be out of breath.

I reach her place pretty late, obviously. But she doesn't mind and instead we have an argument on what to watch while we gossip, and as always we end up on the notebook because it's evergreen.
I mean how can you not like it?

We talk about a lot of things, like her MASSIVE crush on Kai, our other friend or how she was thinking about changing her wardrobe or how pissed she was when she at home.

The conversations are mostly about her, they always are, she never asks me and I never initiate, I used to, I used to try and tell her about my day but most of the time she'd change the topic or end the conversation so I realised, that she just didn't care and I stopped.

Why am I still her friend? Because Even though she's self centered, she had my back when no one else did.

Time passes and before we know it is 10:45 and we are now craving starving.
There was milk in the fridge but no Oreos
Mia somehow manages to convince me to go to the nearest store and get Oreos, which I don't say no to because I want ramen.

So I decide to go and get them, I leave in my PJs, them being an oversized tee and shorts.
As soon as I enter the store familiar faces come into my view,
I stare for a good minute before realising they are the guys from the alley.
It looks like they don't go home.

They notice me and stare at me just like I do them, after a few seconds I walk to the snacks aisle to get what I came for.

I grab some packets of Oreos, some chocolates, chips, and ramen.

I go to the counter to pay, while paying i feel a gaze on me, I turn my head only to find gray eyes staring at me,
I furrow my brows at him, feeling self conscious, I scratch my wrist roughly under all the items in my hands, anxiety getting the best of me.

ignoring him I turn my head away, I pay and leave the store, walking quickly.

As I'm leaving, someone grabs my wrist, making my entire body turn around.
I panic, looking at the old man who is holding my wrist, with a creepy smile.

"What the fuck man?" I sneer and twist my wrist to get it out, but he just tightens his grip.

"Come on don't act so innocent now, you're the one walking around at midnight half naked" he states

"And that gives you the right to touch me? Your age must be affecting your brain" I say, now enraged.
I hate him.

Well I hate everyone.

I see the 3 guys standing looking at the situation from my peripheral vision.

"You know you want it don't deny it," the perv in front of me says again with a smile

I scoff as I say, "I swear the audacity of men these days is baffling"

I let my grocery bag fall on the footpath and deck the shit out of him with my other hand.

I hear the satisfactory crack that tells me his nose job is done.
Successful or not? We don't know yet

"Why the fuck did you do that" he yells at me and tries to twists my hand around.

It's going to leave a bruise

I try to keep it in my control but I'm scared and I know it's evident because I'm shaking now.

"You were asking for it, begging for it" without stuttering and with a smirk.

Now he looks pissed, pfft.

He leaves my wrist and I feel relieved for a second before I realise he's going to slap me, my inner Jackie chan comes out, I grab his wrist before it can touch me and I twist it all the way around, making his body twist around.

I lightly kick behind his knees making him fall on the ground, I add more pressure on his wrist and elbow making him cry out in pain.

You might ask, where did you learn these amazing cool and sexy tricks from?
The answer my friends is YouTube.

"Keep your hand to yourself or you'll deprive yourself of the only action you can ever get," I say, my voice shaky yet calm.

I have never been this angry, but what can I say, men like him bring out my worst.

As expected, he runs as soon as I leave his hand and I smile, proud of myself.

"You seem to attract trouble," he says, now standing close to me, his face emotionless and his voice cold but I could see the anger in his eyes.

I couldn't help but glare at his beautiful face, "Exactly why I know how to handle it ,"

He simply looks amused and his friends approach me too.
Both of them equally breathtaking.

Do they have a 'gods fav' club or something?

One of them smiles brightly making the atmosphere lighten.

"That was so fucking cool! We wanted to intervene so bad but then again it didn't seem like you needed our help, but it was difficult holding back this fat cow" The blonde says pointing to the handsome guy as he ends his sentence.

I laugh awkwardly as I mutter a small thanks.

"Oh how rude let me introduce myself, I'm Owen, the good looking one" the blonde points to himself, with a bright smile "this is James, I'd say he's smart but then he has the brain capacity of a snail" he points towards the redhead, I smile a bit and nod towards him and he nods back with a smile.

"And this is Arcane, he's the ordinary one" he points towards the handsome guy, his comment makes me chuckle a bit, which causes Owen to smile even bigger.

"Hey, I'm Hiraeth, I'm the stupid one" I reply and pick up my grocery bags, Owen laughs out loud and James chuckles, Arcane just shakes his head.

"We'll drop you off, it's too late anyway," Arcane says, although his face is blank I can see a hint of concern in his eyes.

"Luckily for me, the destination isn't too far, so, no thanks" and I wave them bye and walk away.

Still scared but feeling a bit better I walk back to Mia's home.