Daddy IS Here.

Ch-6

'Then why are you here?' Arthur's inner self asked.

Arthur was stunned at the question.

He asked the question, 'Why am I here?'

'You don't care about her,' His inner self taunted.

'Yes,' he answered his inner self.

'Then leave the house. And don't come till the end of tomorrow!' His inner self challenged him.

'You think I can't leave?' He taunted his inner self.

'Then what are waiting for? Leave! Do you want Esther to notice you? That's why you are delaying?' His inner self revealed his actual thoughts.

Finally, his inner self won over him. He decided to leave. He got up from his seat and grabbed his coat as he decided to leave. But at that time he got a call. He went to study to attend his call. He spoke for an hour. After finishing his call he decided to leave the house and return to the office.

But by the time he returned, he saw Esther feeding Little Reggie with small bites of food.

While she is feeding him a small crumb of food stuck to his lips.

Esther took a tissue to wipe his lips.

"Don't rush. Eat slowly," Esther said.

Little Reggie nodded his head.

"Reggie, If momma is not there, You have to do things by yourself. And not trouble anyone. Okay?" Esther said.

"But why would momma leave Reggie? Reggie will follow wherever momma goes," the little Reggie said as he blinked his big eyes.

Esther's eyes watered a little. She kept the bowl on the table and hugged his little body in her embrace.

"What if there are some situations? For example, today momma came late and wasn't able to pick Reggie from the school," Esther said gently.

She scooped the little one from the seat and settled him in her lap.

"Let's finish our food, okay?" Esther said.

The little bunny in her arms nodded his head.

She smiled and started feeding him again.

Arthur didn't expect to see these two are this close.

He felt a different feeling in his chest.

Meanwhile...

Little Reggie who is eating food saw his father standing at the side and watching them.

"Daddy!?" he called out.

His behavior said that he is scared.

Esther heard little Reggie's words. And looked at him.

"Daddy, might not come. He is busy with work," Esther said.

She didn't think Arthur would come. She gave a mocking smile as she stared at the space. She didn't think Arthur was standing at her back watching her actions.

Meanwhile,

Arthur, who heard Esther's words stunned. So, she is not expecting his arrival for all long. He gave a bitter smile.

He walked towards them. At that time, he saw a bitter mocking smile on her face. He didn't see that expression on her. He always viewed her as a gentlewoman full of life. Now she looked like a woman who had lost her soul and life.

"Daddy is here," Little Reggie said.

Following his line of sight, Esther looked at Arthur.

She is shocked to see him here. She didn't expect him to be here.

After that, she quickly regained her expression. She looked at him and showed him a blank expression.

"Lord Garcia, did you have your Dinner?" Esther asked with a small smile.

Her words stunned him.

"No!" He said in a cold voice.

"Oh! Would you like to have some?" she asked ever so distantly.

What's wrong with this woman?

Why is she acting as if he is a  guest?

She is so gentle and all smiles all the time.

Is this the way of attracting his attention?

He thought.

He didn't think that she is tired of this toxic relationship and her heart is dead. He didn't think that she needed anything more than a clean break up with him.

He always thought he was right. And now also he thought he was right. He thought she was doing everything just to grab his attention.
He snorted at her when thought about it.
His self-esteem didn't allow him to think that she is leaving him. After all, she always clung to him.

She can't live without him. She is very desperate to have him.
With these thoughts, he thought he was right.
"Butler Kelner!" Esther called out.

"Lady Garcia," The butler called.

"No, Miss. Benjamin. Please correct your way of calling me," She said with a smile that didn't reach her eyes.

So, this is another trick! Arthur thought.

"Lord Garcia is hungry. Please make some food for your Lord," Esther said.

He nodded his head.

"What about this food?" Arthur asked.

There is already food on the table. But why is she asking him to make it again?

"Lord Garcia, that was made by me, Which doesn't suit your taste. So, I am asking your butler to make the food," Esther said.

"Little Reggie, Say good night to your father. Let's go and sleep," Esther said.

Little Reggie nodded his head. He said good night to his father like an obedient son.

"Good boy. Let's go and sleep. Momma will sleep with you today," Esther said.

Little Reggie nodded his head excitedly.

"Momma, Reggie will stay awake for a while. Please, Go and have your food," Reggie said.

"Momma is not hungry. Let's sleep," She said and they both went to sleep.

With that, they left the dining hall leaving Arthur alone.

SO, she is implying she lost her appetite because of his appearance. Then why did she invite him to have dinner with them?

He clenched his hand into a fist.

"My Lord, What would you like to eat?" The Butler asked.

"No need to make food," Arthur said.

He needs to have a talk with her. How can he, The great Arthur Garcia face her rejection!?

---------------
Pls vote
Let me know your thoughts in the comments.
Stay safe