Chapter 5 - Together

(:3 big chapter time :3)

Rantaro POV

"Hey, Kokichi" I began looking at the cute grape in front of me 

"Hmm?" He inquired looking up. I smiled softly

 "Is it ok if I stay over?".

 "Sure Oni-chan~," He said hugging me. 

"W-wait Oni-chan?" I said flustered. 

"Yep, that's what I've decided to call you" He smiled brightly. "But oni-chan I really am sorry...". 

I looked at him confused "Why are you sorry?".

 He looked down "Because of all the problems I caused for you today... I was just upset and you still stayed with me..." he then looked up at me with a big smile "I guess I have the best Oni-chan ever!". 

Tomatoes couldn't compare to how red I was. I, as flustered as I was, managed to say," I-I'm h-h-happy t-that I a-am K-K-Kichi. I'll g-go -b-bring my t-things n-now ok?". 

"Nish-Nish-Nish okay," He said smiling as I stood up.

 "A-Alright I-Ill be back," I said smiling at Kokichi who was waving at me. 

I was smiling the whole way to my room. I thought of how creepy I looked. Luckily no one was there to see me smile creepily to myself. I have no clue why but I felt so bubbly inside. I knew I was happy but I felt like there was something more to the happiness I felt. I thought about my feelings of joy while getting the items I planned on bringing to Kichi's place. 

'Kichi...' I thought while looking at a grape panta

 'I promise I'll be with you this time.' I grabbed the panta 'I promise I'll stay with you'. 

As I was walking to the stairs to get to Kichi I saw a face that caused all of my happiness to go away in the blink of an eye.

" O-oh hey Rantaro. I was calling out to you from across the street but I guess I wasn't loud enough. It's nice seeing you thou-" 

"Yeah. Hey."

 I didn't want to get upset so I immediately shut off the conversation. I wanted to be happy that I was going to hang out with Kichi, not be mad because I saw Shuichi. I walked past him.

 'Sorry Shuichi, I just can't forgive you yet'. 

"Wait, Ran-" 

" Hey, Shuichi" Kirumi interrupted. I'd have to thank her later. I don't necessarily know how but I may have caused a scene since In my peripheral vision I could see Kaede and Kaito staring. Even Tenko, Himiko, and Angie were looking confused. I wanted to get to Kichi as fast as possible. So I left in a hurry, closing and locking the door.

 As upset as I was it washed away when I saw Kichi on the couch pulling out his VR Oculus headset. He looked at the door and beamed seeing me. That...that made me happy. I went over to Kokichi to help him set up. He had actually forgotten to bring one of the pieces from his room so he had told me to wait in the living room, stating that he would be back. While he was there, I heard a knock on the door. I looked out to see that it was Miu. 

"Yes?" I said in disinterest.

 "U-Um are u guys ok?" she asked clearly shaken by my tone of voice.

 "I'm fine. What do you want." 

"I just wanted to s-say hi to Kokichi."

 I immediately flinched at what she said. "Sorry no. He doesn't want to see you or anyone else right now. Not after what happened." 

"Y-Yeah but I wanted to say-" 

"Miu." I said becoming annoyed. "Right now seeing any of you, especially Shuichi or Kaito would hurt him. "

 She was more obvious than not shocked from what I said. She stepped back 

" I understand...I understand but please" she looked up at me, "I want to apologize and I want to do it soon. I...want to be friends with him like you are" 

My eyes widened. I sighed, "Miu, I'll tell you when the right time to talk to him is ok?" I said giving her a reassuring smile "It will probably be better since he will be better. But for now..." 

"Ok, then you promise?" She said looking at me with hopeful eyes.

 "Yes." I responded with a soft faint smile.

 "Thanks, Rantaro." she said before going to her own dorm. I watched her go. 

'When did I become so protective of Kokichi?' I put a hand on my cheek 'Why did I become so protective of Kokichi? Do I-' 

"Rantaro! I got it!" I spun around and saw the reason why. I smiled. I was happy.

 For the rest of the time we were playing random games we found on the headset. Once in a while, we'd complain about how 'expensive' the games were with the conversation usually ending with Kichi stating that he was the Ultimate Supreme Leader and can get anything for me. 

After the VR headset died, we grabbed some blankets, popcorn, and panta to watch The Mugen Train: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Demon Slayer). We ordered Dominos after looking at all the prices and being cheapskates. We had finally settled down and relaxed on the couch, starting the movie. I had an arm around him and he was leaning against me.

 A few minutes later the pizza and chicken finally arrived. We ate our bit and fought over the last slice. He used his Oni-chan card on me and I gave up the slice of pizza. We continued to watch the movie that made our emotions spiral all over the place.

We were scared,

We were excited

We were sad

We were together. 

And we were happy.