Chapter 3 - Confusion

(Haio it's me :3)

POV Shuichi

We finally made it to the dorms after 7 stops for snacks. I saw Rantaro leaving a dorm room and going up the stairs to go to another room.

 "Oh- HEY RANTARO!" I yelled from where I was waving at him. 

He looked surprised like he heard my voice but then changed his expression into something I couldn't understand. 

Anger? Sadness? Fury? Pity? Envy?

 I couldn't tell but he had just continued on the way to his destination. Kaito, Himiko, KI-B0, and even Maki and I were calling out to him but we got no response.

 "Maybe he just couldn't hear us?" Kaito suggested.

 "Nyeh......that's the only thing I can think of so..." Himiko agreed. 

Once we got closer to the dorm we got to our assigned dorm. Mine was in between Kaito and...Kokichi. That upset me a lot. I was near Kaito so that made me happy but Kokichi......I hope he just switches out with Maki or Kaede

Once I got settled in I went up to say hi to Rantaro who was on the 2nd floor. Luckily he was leaving his room, carrying what looked like a bunch of snacks, pillows, games, and panta... grape panta

...I'll ignore that.

 "Oh, h-hey Rantaro. I was calling out to you from across the street but I guess I wasn't loud enough. It's nice seeing you thou-" 

"Yeah. Hey." He said before brushing past me with that same look from before. 

"Wait, Ran-" "Hey Shuichi" Kirumi took my attention "We will all be going to get our uniforms and go get dinner at a nearby restaurant are you coming?" 

"Sure..." I said looking back and seeing Rantaro go into Kokichi's dorm room. Kaito and Kaede who were just walking up saw it too.

 "Huh? Is that his dorm?" Kaito started. 'No, it's not' I thought to myself. 'That's Kokichi's. Why would Rantaro go to Kokichi's room?'

"Hey, Shuichi," she called me.

 "Yeah, Kaede?" I responded 

"Can I talk to you for a minute?"