| 7 | The Parents

Kokichi's POV
(Tw) Homophobia, the 'F' slur and 'C' word, fighting

  I slowly woke up. I found myself curled up in a ball, in a warm embrace. I've haven't felt this warmth in a while, it was like the warmth of a human...a human? Shuichi?! I lifted my head slightly, his hand was resting on my cheek and he was holding me close to his chest. He has never done this before...what the hell happened last night?

   '...'I want to kiss you' Shuichi mumbled. He was so close, our lips skimming...'

  Oh my living God...I jumped up from the sudden memory. I tore his hand off of my face and pushed him away. What the hell was that memory?! Did we kiss?! He wanted to!? Oh god my head is starting to hurt...how drunk was I to be able to forget what happened last night. It was just that scene playing in my head over and over, 'I want to kiss you.' And he was so close to my face!

  I looked back at Shuichi, he was now strewn out on the bed, laying on his stomach. I felt a blush spread across my face. "What am I doing?!" I whisper-yelled. I smacked my facing, getting rid of the blush. I've told myself over and over again, 'Don't get romantic feelings towards him again, its wrong.'. My head started pounding, causing me to sit on the bed with a painful groan.

  I swallowed most of my pain away and slowly walked out of the bedroom. I continued to walk until I got to the bathroom, I searched in my cabinet for the painkillers Nasu gave to me. Sure it was for when my body starts aching, but I think I can use some for a hangover. I quickly took the pills and walked to our kitchen. I got a quick breakfast, the painkillers already helping my throbbing headache. I then sat down on the weird couch, and put on some cartoons. I cuddled up to the thin blanket, that always rested on the top of the couch.

It was pretty relaxing, ignoring the slight headache. I couldn't help but go back to the scene I remember from last night. My mind went blank after I had a couple of drinks, and then its just that scene of Shuichi looming over me, muttering the words 'I want to kiss you'. My face felt warm again. He didn't mean that though, he was just drunk...I feel so wrong wishing that he wasn't lying, and that he actually wanted to kiss me...what's wrong with me?!

My thoughts were cut off with a loud bang, then big footsteps, and then another door slamming. The last door sounded like our bathroom door...I went over to the bathroom to hear vomiting, oh jeez, Shuichi is throwing up. I sat back down on the couch waiting for Shuichi to finish.

I finally heard the toilet flush and the bathroom door opening. What stepped out was Shuichi, his hair messy, eyes droopy, and a permanent frown plastered on his face.

"Moooorrning sleepyhead!" I cheered a bit to loudly.

"Urgh too loud Kokich!" He groaned, covering his ears.

"Your morning seems to be going well," I giggled.

"Yeah. Perfect. I have a fucking horrible headache, I feel nauseous, and there was this mysterious girl texting me earlier. My morning has been amazing Kokichi. Fucking. Amazing."

I was a bit surprised to hear him cuss so much. "If it helps, you can use some of my painkillers. I used those and I feel pretty good," I smiled.

"Where did you find painkillers?"

"Oh they are the painkillers Nasu gave me, just in case my body aches or something, but you can use them!'