5 ~ Perfect Image

WARNING: THIS STORY TALKS ABOUT SUICIDE, DRUG USE, AND OTHER THEMES/ TOPICS THAT MAY TRIGGER OR BE SENSITIVE TO SOME READERS. IF YOU DON'T FEEL COMFORTABLE READING THIS, I ADVISE YOU TO STOP READING. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Xoey was born into wealth as I had mentioned before several chapters ago. Both of her parents were born wealthy and the both of them happened to meet in college. Her mother Xara Trujillo (Ibanez), her family was extremely wealthy in Mexico but they did branch out their Tequila brand to the American market. So they settled in Texas and remained extremely successful. Her mother's side of the family owns one of the biggest plots of land in Dallas.

Her father Javier Ibanez was not born into wealth, in fact his parents were migrant workers. For those of you that don't know migrant workers really don't paid anything. They would get paid mere pennies per pound for cotton. Which I'm not sure if you heard the news or not but a pound of cotton would be a shit ton of cotton. Javier saw the life his parents were living and he knew that wasn't the way to live. "The American Dream" was what Javier wanted, so he worked for it. He worked odd jobs as a teenager and saved up his money so he could go to not just any college, but an Ivy League University. That was where he learned and studied political science, but that was also where he met his future wife Xara. After graduating from University the two got married fairly quickly and Javier started networking with political leaders thanks to Xara's family. Him networking is what kickstarted his political career, he started campaigning on a local level then progressed for state level. He and Xara went on to have two beautiful daughters, Xiomara and Xoey. Her parents paid most of their attention to Xiomara and sadly never paid too much attention to Xoey.

Xoey was optionally mute as a child. No one knew why or when it started. It just kind of started randomly, and if I were to ask Xoey I doubt she would be able to remember why. However Xiomara didn't care too much, she still found a way to play with her little sister and at some point in time Xoey began talking again. Xara treated Xiomara as you would expect a mother to treat her child, but she could do the same for Xoey. She feared her mother, yet she couldn't quite understand why she was treated so piss poorly compared to her sister. The difference in treatment caused Xoey to harbor resentment for her older sister and that is when the rift between the two began.

Up until the eighth grade, the Ibanez's had sent their daughters to private schools, so when Xiomara started high school she became extremely popular very fast. When Xoey started high school she got to see a different side to her sister and saw the confidence she exuded. Xiomara was pretty, thin, and had great posture. And you could see the confidence radiate off of her when she walked into the room. She was just a regular teenage girl, but so was Xoey yet she continued to live in her sisters shadow. Now what could cause even more tension between two sisters? If you guess a boy you're a thousand percent correct. The boy in question? Daniel Becker. Daniel came from a middle class family and overall had a happy upbringing. Daniel was three years older than Xoey just like Xiomara. Xoey had seen him in passing in the hallways and occasionally at the library. She looked forward to passing by him in the hallways, it was her own dose of serotonin.

However one day, she legitimately bumped into him. She was nervous and super shy when talking to him. But she found out that he was pretty easy going and overall easier to talk to. She had never ever had any encounters with anyone who was as easygoing as him. She felt as if she could let her guard down and he was sweet to her, but it wouldn't be long until Daniel was in Xiomara's sights. Daniel thought he was lucky to be with a pretty girl like Xiomara, and Xoey once again became an afterthought. It was as if, Xiomara had taken the one friend she had. It was the one thing that was hers and it was gone simply because Xiomara wanted it. Xoey finally decided it was enough; soon after that her attitude began to change. Every time Daniel came over for dinner, Xoey strategically distanced herself from them. It hurt her because she loved her sister and she also still had feelings for Daniel.