6 ~ Alice

WARNING: THIS STORY TALKS ABOUT SUICIDE, DRUG USE, AND OTHER THEMES/ TOPICS THAT MAY TRIGGER OR BE SENSITIVE  TO SOME READERS. IF YOU DON'T FEEL COMFORTABLE READING THIS, I ADVISE YOU TO STOP READING. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

It was the Monday morning after Homecoming Weekend and all the upperclassmen were raving all about Nicholas Wayne's homecoming party. However that morning all Rose could do is complain about Melanie ghosting her and how Alice was hogging the bathroom.

Rose explained that first thing in the morning she would take a shower to wash away any sweat from when she was sleeping and her showers were within the ten to fifteen minute mark. Then she would moisturize her face with serum as soon as she got out the shower, then she'd draw on her brows with her tinted brow gel, and then she   would put on her black lipstick which suited her very well. Then she'd go to her room and pick out what she was gonna wear for the day. Usually her outfit consisted of either all black or almost all black clothing and her black floral bomber jacket.  However since her cousin Alice moved into the Maguire Residence, she had a horrible habit of hogging the bathroom and taking what felt like forever and a day. It wouldn't have been such of a big deal if her makeup and toiletries weren't in the bathroom closest to her room.

School started at 7:45 a.m. and at this point, Alice had been in the bathroom for well over and hour. Rose was annoyed and needed to take a shower. Rose took a deep breath in and knocked lightly but just loud enough just so she could be heard. Alice responded with a groan and opened the door.

"What?!" she snapped.

"Can you hurry up? I'd like to take a shower before school starts." Rose replied. Alice was not trying to hear any of that and she rolled her eyes and said,

"Sorry to break it to you, but beauty takes time and if you looked as good as me, you would understand." It became extremely apparent to Rose that she was not going to get into that shower in time and had to rework her routine around Alice. Rose just gave up at that point and walked away and got dressed.

"Well that was just rude and uncalled for. You guys literally look alike, minus the blue hair and black lipstick."

"Thank you! Finally someone that understands."

As we were walking, I noticed Xoey from afar looking very blue, almost as if something was bothering her. Alice was in a white tank top with navy blue stripes and light blue denim skinny jeans paired with white Adidas Superstars. Little did I know Xoey was torn up about her sister getting engaged to Daniel. Alice was going on and on about the private all-girls academy she was in for about a year. Alice had Anya's attention but not Xoey's and Alice noticed.

"Hey, I'm gonna just head to class, I'll meet you there." said Rose.

"Okay, I'll meet you there." I replied as I was fiddling with my locker combination. Once I finally got it open I reached in there to get my extra stick of deodorant because I lost mine somewhere in the house. When I closed my locker I was surprised to see Kira standing there.

"Hey..." she said kind of quietly

"Um hey?"

"Can we talk?" she asked.

"There's nothing to talk about Kira and you made that abundantly clear." I told her.

"Wow."

"Wow what?" I asked her.

"Wow as in almost a month ago you were so eager to patch things up now you don't wanna talk to me?"

"Yes Kira, I don't wanna fucking talk to you."

"When did you become such a bitch?"

"How about the moment you blurted out my failed suicide attempt?" Kira stood in silence and shock just as a little kid would if they were being berated by their parent.