08

february 10th.

shirabu plopped down on the floor, not caring about the pain that rushed to his chest. he was so fucking tired, they've been decorating the halls and the cafeteria for 2 days and it's crazy cause they haven't even started the gym ,,, you know where the damn dance would actually take place.

he figured this wouldn't be so much work, no he was fucking wrong, his arms were tired, his back was slowly giving out and his toes were hurting from all the times he had to get on his tippy toes. he questions why this school didn't think to decorate it earlier AND he questions why there were very little people in the school committee.

"shirabu get up, stop slacking."

"fuck off semi-san." instead of listening to him, semi softly kicked his shin twice.

"if you're just gonna lay there and do nothing might as well go back to your dorm." shirabu stood up to get to semi's eye level. his copper matching eyebrows furrowed and a deep frown stretched across his face.

"why don't you focus on what the fuck you have to do instead of being in my business." instantly, semi's faced matched shirabu's as he dropped the banner he was holding, stepping closer to the shorter boy.

"or how about you actually fucking do something instead of laying on the floor like an idiot." by now, satori and ushijima, who were working close to the duo, came closer so they can separate them two. ushijima grabbed semi's arm, pulling him back a little while satori stepped in front of shirabu.

"you know what, fuck you semi-san" shirabu tiltled his head slightly, due to the red-head being in his way.

"fuck you too." shirabu bit down on his lip, forcing the tears he felt building up to go away as he stared into those stupid pretty chocolate eyes. with one last glare, he walked away, towards the dorms.

as soon as he was out of ear shot, semi let out a deep breath he didn't even know he was holding.

"eita, you truly are an idiot." satori laughed under his breath, arms crossed, staring at the idiot who just started an argument for absolutely no reason.

"i'm not ! he was just laying there, while everyone else was doing all the work."

"shirabu has been working hard too eita." now it was ushijima's turn to basically call him an idiot.

"i just wanna know, who yells at the boy they're about to confess to in 5 days." satori started laughing again, leaning over and clutching his stomach.

semi knew he was in the wrong here and he couldn't back himself up. so he crossed his arms, glaring at the red-head, waiting for him to calm down. once he did, he had a smirk on his face.

"you do know that you have to apologize before you confess right ? he might just reject you cause of today." semi being the idiot he is, only focused on the apologizing part.

"what do i have to apologize for ? he wasn't doing crap !" satori laughed again, he knew semi was gonna say that. semi was stubborn, but so was shirabu, he's pretty sure neither of them are going to apologize, but semi has to put his pride aside for a second and he knows that.

"go to back to the wall. we will talk more about this once we finish this hallway." semi nodded, picking up the banner he dropped and going back to taping it onto the wall.

semi was still mad obviously. partly at shirabu and himself. he knew he was supposed to stay on shirabu's good side in order to have a better shot, but his annoyance spoke for him when he saw shirabu on the floor instead of placing stickers or blowing up balloons. just like everybody else, semi was tired and he didn't like how shirabu thinks he can just take breaks.

soon enough, they were finished and they met the rest of the volleyball team in the cafeteria already eating dinner.

"you guys won't guess what our sweet king semi did~" as soon as the 3 of them sat down, satori was ready to embarrass semi. once he finished telling them, the milk yamagata was drinking flew out of his nostrils from laughing a little too fast. taichi's lips went into a straight line, he already predicted something like this was gonna happen.

"yeah yeah laugh all you want." semi waved them off.

"so what are you gonna do now ?" semi shrugged. he wasn't sure if he should still make a move, because he genuinely felt like shirabu didn't deserve an apology.

"what do you mean ! you've been pining after him since you last year and now you're gonna pussy out when you're so close ?" taichi wasn't one to scream nor disrespect his senpai's but clearly someone needed to say something to semi.

"i was close. i'm probably back at square one now."

"and who's fault is that ?" satori's voice full of amusement.

"shut up 'tori"

"semi i'm sure you already know what you have to do." reon was the only calm one at the table. (goshiki fell asleep on taichi😏) he knew what he had to do, but he's too stubborn.

——————
- okay fuck that 3 day break i'm trying to finish this before this month ends.
- I JUST WANNA ADD, that yes he is still getting the notes and chocolate.
- anyways i might end up deleting this and changing it in the morning
- ignore any mistakes, i'm clearly a dumb bitch.