Let's Change A Bit

After some magic, history and etiquette lessons, I went to a room which a beautiful brown desk with graceful designs carved into it's heart. The butler who was with me, told me that this was were the duchess Edinburgh used to do her works as the duchess. Well, now that I'm Venassa, I'll start my new life by changing myself.

"Benedict" I called out to the butler who was explaining about the room and how it was related to the duchess.

"Yes, miss" He replied to my call with a slight smile

"Yes, miss"
He replied to my call with a slight smile.

"Can you bring out some books from the library related to administration and maybe history too?"

"Of course, miss. But may I ask why you need those books. I could get some fairyt-"

"No."

I interrupted his words in a stern voice. I knew he would say that. But that doesn't mean that I could read Fairy tale all day long when I'm almost 28, well mentally.
I paused but soon put on a gentle smile and continued.

"I want to be of help to you guys who take care of me all day long." 

He looked shocked but then showed an affectionate face and bowed.

"Very well, then I shall do as you say, miss."

"Thank you for understanding, Benedict."

He lifted his upper body which was in a bow and looked at me with a satisfied look. I turned around and walked into the room and seated myself in the chair which unexpectedly was comfortable. The butler again bowed slightly and took his leave.

' Hmm? I thought that he would say something about me sitting here. I guess not. '

After hours of studying and reading several books, I found out that I was learning fast maybe because I was someone who was reincarnated. But it seemed inhumane when the things I never even heard before seemed to make sense and was engraved in my head. Anyway it's all for good.

After that I read books about inventions and magic which I was most curious about. It all seemed interesting since the things I learned today was something way different from what I have known.
Of course, I didn't forget to eat in between all this. Don't get me wrong it's just that I need proper nutrition is also needed for learning.
And this continued for weeks.
' Oh and I got to meet another maid who was younger than the others. A timid yet capable maid.'

I looked at Nira who was serving tea. She noticed my glance and lifted her head.

' She's pretty cute

' She's pretty cute. '

"Is there something you need lady Nessa?"

she enquired as I stared at her.

Few days ago I asked the workers of the place to call me Nessa, my nickname. They were reluctant to call so since I was a noble and their employer. But in the end they decided to call me Nessa, of course with a honorable title.

"No. I'm fine." I said with a smile and she seemed pretty relieved.

' sigh, life's great. '

I took a bite out the strawberry cake and wondered.