The Territory

It's been so peaceful lately. Days, weeks, months and even years passed and now I'm nearing 12. Which actually means that my probation will be over and I will eventually return to the duchy.

' sigh, goodbye peaceful life. '

Many wonderful things happened over the past months. I successfully regained the territory back to its glory. Yes, it had been tough. But I have been through a lot more than this.

"For the sake of my peaceful future."

I mumbled as I went through the documents Benedict gave me.

The very day when I was 10, I decided to fulfill my responsibilities as the master of the territory. The territory which was located at the east was known as Eastwood. Eastwood was a beautiful place with comparatively cold temperature. When it was winter, snow gets piled up in the roofs of houses and shops.

I had so much fun that the cold didn't bother me that much

I had so much fun that the cold didn't bother me that much. Or maybe it was because "Venassa" was familiar with the ice and snow as the duchy also had winters like that.

[OMG, SHE'S SO CUTE]

It was a memorable experience since in my last life, I was either busy studying or getting punished by my mother. The memories of being locked in the huge yet lonely room and getting scolded for going out rushed in to my mind. It was suffocating.
_____________****______________

Benedict - POV
_____________

"Venassa Epsom Edinburgh."
The very same child whom the duchess adopted due to her similarities with the duchess itself and the Duke.
When she was put in probation for trying to harm the young master, I was actually worried. I have heard about the little lady who always throws tantrums and punishes the servants for petty reasons. I didn't know how I could control a lady like that. But a glance at her cute face with mysterious blue eyes as the Duke and vibrant silver hair as the duchess, I forgot all the rumors and welcomed her with a smile. Her beautiful blue eyes had sadness in them and she didn't seem to be happy to be here. Well, she will miss the Duke, of course.
And as days passed not only me but everyone in the territory concluded that the rumors were false. She, who rejected the idea of a birthday party said something that left me utterly speechless. "Now that I'm 10, I should start fulfilling my responsibilities as the master of this territory" .
Eastwood who lost its master few years ago began to flourish as she took the administration in to her little hands. She build up orphanages and schools for the commoners and eradicated slums. By using the taxes collected she constructed houses for the commoners. The Commoner children who didn't attend schools, were admitted to the local education centre. They were taught how to read, write, self defence, magic, etiquette and basic knowledge. Later those who wished for further studying were taught by famous tutors and the books from the library were there for their help. Those with efficient skills were sponsored to the royal academy. Not only that, the famous traveler, scholar and novelist - Sir Adam Scorch requested to be the librarian of Eastwood. Of course everyone was shocked. It seems that he really liked the cold weather of Eastwood. Our lady also established a boutique, a Cafe and bakery which had unique recipes made by the lady herself. Somehow she managed to earn the recognition of elves and goblins who were really talented in medicine and magic. She didn't forget to solve the food necessity problem. Due to her advice, we decided to plant coffee, chocolate and grapes, which were considered as luxury since it was adapted to cold weather. She also gave order to build a resort at the low ranges of the snowy mountains. And it seemed like a great plan.
Baron Miller who levied excessive taxes was punished and his desert land which was known as a wasteland was brought under Eastwood. Who would have known that numerous mines were right under that
"wasteland". If it wasn't for the lady's continuous advice we would have not achieved what we have today. Even Marquis Kelvin, who is one of the wealthiest noble of the kingdom requested for a alliance. He also invested a huge sum in various business we were conducting. He who had huge agricultural lands joined it to the territory of Eastwood. The lady also became friends with the young lad of Marquis Kelvin. Now Eastwood has hospitals, schools, orphanages, shops and market centers, mines, agricultural land, resorts, residential areas, centre for mercineries and even guilds. Everything was peaceful and going well when a letter addressing to the lady arrived from the duchy. It was then, we knew that the time has come for the lady to return. Well, she was not that happy either. Maybe she was greatly influenced by this atmosphere. (Sigh) We would surely miss her.......