Chapter 20

'Nothing hurts more than being disappointed by the single person you thought would never hurt you.'
~Anonymous

'With all the smiles you have brought me, I never thought that you could cause me so many tears. ~Anonymous

_______________________

The day was the same as usual.

The same peoples, the same chatters and the same feelings.

If today was any different, it would be Aiyana's mood.

From the morning, Aiyana looked troubled and deep in thought. She was currently wearing a high neck sweater as she wanted to hide her mates's mark from others eyes.

During breakfast and lunch too, she had repeatedly glanced at her brother as if wanting to say him something but was conflicted.

Coincidentally, Azazel had some important kingly duty to do today. So she had not seen him from the morning. If she did, maybe she could have shared her thoughts with him.

She finally approached her brother during dusk, hesitant to inform him something.

Ajax ceased his conversation with his friends, glanced at her and finally gave her his full attention.

I need to talk to you about something. It's important.

What is it?

Can we talk in private? She asked desperately.

Ajax followed her eyes to see her glancing at Sasha uncomfortably, to which Sasha just stared at her annoyingly.

But before he could say something, loud clappings resonated around the house catching his attention.

He glanced back to see his close friend Elijah clapping his hands in mockter and glaring at Aiyana with all his disgusted might.

"So the bitch has finally showed her true colors, hah?" he spoke loud enough to catch everyones attention. People followed his eyes to see it was pointed on Aiyana.

Ajax was confused as hell. And Aiyana? Oh, our little Aiyana had no idea what was about to happen.

"What are you saying, Eli?" Ajax asked him confused.

"What am I saying?! I am saying that your little sister is a bitch who had finally showed her true colors!!!" Elijah screamed in anger.

"Elijah!! Mind your tongue!!" Ajax retorted back in anger.

"No no no Ajax. You don't understand!! Cause you don't see your sister as we see her!! She is nothing but a fake pathetic bitch!!!"

Before Ajax could retort anything to stop him, he continued.

"Do you know what she did?!! She slept with my sister's mate!! How dare she!!?!! Because of her, my sister is about to die of rejection!!!" Elijah spit out venomous words of furies in front of Ajax, shocking everyone present there. Mumbles and whispers questioning Aiyana's character filled the whole vicinity.

"What are you saying Elijah?! My sister is innocent!! She is not in a relationship with anybody!!!" Ajax spit back.

"Oh really?!! Then do say, why does you sister smell like a marked person, huh? Tell me!!!"

"What????.... " Ajax stared at him confused. Mark? What mark? How can that be-

"Yes! Mark!! She is marked!! I can smell it!! FREAKING we all can smell it!! She is marked!!"