A Dramatic Day At the Beach

(Y/N P.O.V)

It was the end of the summer of '84, the summer before our senior year. My best friend, Ali Mills and our friends, Barbra and Susan had invited me to spend the day at the beach with a group of boys from our school. I wore a yellow bathing suit and had brought a pair of black shorts, a maroon hoodie and a pair of flip flops. After hours at the beach, the sky had darkened. We had lit a bonfire so we could stay on the beach longer and we were now cooking hot dogs over it. The whole day there was this one boy that kept staring at Ali. He had dark brown hair and was wearing jeans and a red hoodie.

I'd slipped on my shorts and hoodie over my bathing suit but didn't put on my shoes yet. I was still barefoot on the sandy beach. I was having a great time until I heard the sound of motorbikes coming towards the beach. I knew exactly who was coming and didn't want to see them on the last night of my summer vacation. It was the Cobra Kai boys; the biggest group of jerks I knew. I made eye contact with Ali who had been flirting with the boy in the red hoodie as the Cobra Kais started riding down towards the beach. She sighed and rolled her eyes as she kicked the boy's soccer ball towards the ocean. She then walked to go sit by me hoping that the Cobras didn't see her flirting with the boy. I glared at them from afar as they parked their bikes on the sandy beach near us. Johnny Lawrence, the leader of the Cobra Kais, and Ali had broken up a few weeks ago and Johnny wasn't taking it very well. 

I glared at Johnny as he approached Ali. He sat in front of her and spoke with determination in his voice. I got up and walked over to Freddy. He was my only boy best friend, in fact, he was my only boy friend. I started talking to him about this past summer and how I felt bad for Ali, having to deal with the Cobra Kais and all their crap. Freddy was paying attention but he had this look on his face which I could see even though his brown hair had gone in his face. It was one of concern and worry. I stopped talking and looked him in the eye.

"What's wrong? Why are you making that face?" I asked him.

"Sorry, Y/N. It just, I think Tommy's checking you out." He said to me.

"What? No he's not!" I said hoping, praying that he was lying.

"See for yourself." He told me.

I turned my head and saw that he wasn't lying. I saw Tommy, who was one of Johnny's close friends and a Cobra Kai student, staring at me while biting his bottom lip. I rolled my eyes and sighed as I turned to look back at Freddy. 

(Tommy's P.O.V)

I had just arrived at the beach with my friends and Johnny had gone off to talk to Ali about whatever it was he wanted to talk about. I didn't so much as care anymore. Their relationship was over, weather he liked it or not. Ali wasn't going to give into him. 

Bobby was talking to me but I was too distracted to listen. My eyes were basically glued onto Y/N. Her Y/H/C hair was blowing lightly in the cool beach air. I couldn't help but stare at her. I knew she hated me but I didn't care about that either. I caught her turning her head to look at me and I didn't look away. She rolled her eyes at me and continued talking with Freddy.

(Y/N P.O.V)

I heard Ali and Johnny yelling at each other and that's when I knew something had gone wrong. I mean, did they fight all the time? Yes. But I was still worried. I walked over to were the group was. I saw Ali's radio in the sand and the boy in the red hoodie pick it up. He went to go hand it back to Ali but Johnny snatched it from his hands. Johnny pushed the boy onto the sand and I walked up to him clearly mad.

"What the hell, Johnny?" I yelled. "We were having a good time till you gang of jerks decided to show up!"

The boy had gotten up and Johnny pushed me and Ali into the group of people. Bobby and Tommy grabbed onto each of us. Unfortunately, Tommy was the one who grabbed onto me. He wasn't holding me tight, but tight enough that I couldn't break free of his grip. Johnny tripped the boy twice before turning back to Ali who was yelling for him to stop.

"Hey! You started this!" He said to her. "All I wanted to do was talk!"

"Well, then we'll go talk." Ali said sounding desperate. 

"Yeah, where have I heard that before?" Johnny asked sarcastically.

He turned back to the boy who was laying in the sand, his arms around his stomach in pain.

"What about you hero? Had enough?" Johnny said. The boy got up quickly and sucker punched Johnny in the face. The two started fighting but Johnny easily won. He beat him up and left him laying in the sand. Tommy and Bobby let go of Ali and I and we both started yelling at them for their actions. 

"Sorry princess." Tommy said to me smirking. I didn't know what to say. Before I could think, I slapped the blonde boy across his face. I held his right cheek that was now bright red. Ali covered her mouth and everyone stopped talking and turned their attention to Tommy and I. I stood their staring at the boy confused and shocked by my own actions. He just turned his face to look at me, a smirk spread across his face. 

"Strong girl." He said winking at me. I could feel myself blush slightly as the boys left on their motorbikes. Ali placed a hand on my shoulder. I hadn't moved from my position. I was still too shocked to even tell either Freddy or Ali that I was okay. What had come over me?