eight

it was around 2am on a monday when the house was full. the whole coven including jacob, seth and leah. everyone was gathered around alice and jasper could feel something was wrong. y/n looked at him and sat down and smiled at leah who gave her a sympathetic smile back.

"they're coming back. riley and the red head, victoria." alice said quiet upset, her hand holding edythe's tightly, they have an army of newborns. they're ready to risk it all, for you. for y/n."

if vampires could pass out, y/n would. she was unsure what to say. she tried to talk but no sound came out.

"how many?" jasper asked for her. y/n hadn't noticed but jasper had sat beside her and was rubbing her back to comfort her.

"many, i just know they'll come. before the snow sets to the ground." alice continued, "i'm sorry."

everyone sat in silence for a few minutes before carlisle cleared his throat and gathering everyones attention, "y/n is apart of our family now. whether she chooses to leave after this or stay with us is her choice but for now, we will help her."

"the packs will help fight." jacob said from his position by the window, "don't mean to overstep but this is the happiest we've seen ja-" renesmee lightly pushed his shoulder, "everyone, with y/n so we will fight." he corrected and sheepishly smiled.

"tell the packs to get rested, we have a busy day tomorrow, thank you jacob." edward nodded and almost immediately everyone got up to leave.

"jasper, can i talk to you?" carlisle asked, gesturing to his office and the honey blond boy walked with him there while y/n was consoled by esme.

"i'm sure you know we're relying on you to teach us about newborn strength tomorrow," the doctor started and jasper nodded, "now," he sat and so did the boy, "do you wish for y/n to stay with us?"

"truthfully, i do." jasper looked down at his feet, "it's been a long time since i've felt like this with somebody and i'm grateful it's with her." he smiled, reminiscing on how she kissed his cheek earlier, how close they were when they laid down together, how much her wanted to kiss her.

how much he wanted to be with her, all day. in her company, with her in his arms. oh how badly jasper wanted these things, it drove him absolutely insane.

his thoughts were interrupted when y/n herself knocked on the door, "is it okay if jasper and i get a start on training?" she said quietly, still shaken up.

honestly, she just wanted to be with jasper. she felt empty without him but she didn't want to seem to needy so she used the battle as an excuse to spend time with him.

"of course," carlisle smiled gently, "jasper don't forget what we spoke about."

when jasper and y/n left the office she looked at him, "what did you guys speak about?"

jasper quickly shook it off and made up a lie, something about how jasper missing human blood and carlisle helping him with it.  y/n nodded and they silently made their way to the middle of the woods.

"ready?" he smirked.

"you know it." she winked.