chapter 37

(author's note: surprise )

Knocking on the car window, Ryujin peeked through it, looking at the person behind the wheel.

"Open the door, it's raining."

Lia chuckled, opening the door and observing as she sat on the passenger seat.

"You're all wet." she complained, frowning while changing the radio station.

She shrugged, running a hand through her hair before smiling sheepishly. "Sorry."

"You're lucky I like you."

Of course those words triggered into teasing her best friend, wiggling her eyebrows at the other. "Oh, you like me so much."

Lia rolled her eyes as she drove off, feigning annoyance that Ryujin knew all too well wasn't there. Causing her to smile to herself.

"Do you think Chaeryeong is going to bother me because of Yeji?"

"Maybe."

She sighed.

Ryujin knew it was fair to scold her and even hate her for what she did. Leaving Yeji without a word, risking both their reputation, kissing someone else. Of course the last one should be okay since their relationship wasn't real. And yet, it didn't feel anything less wrong.

After a short car ride, they arrived to their destination. Chaeryeong's apartment.

It was strange to be standing outside of Yeji's best friend's apartment. Really strange. For some reason it made her nervous.

Maybe because Chaeryeong would surely give her a hard time, or it could be the connection to Yeji. Neither were things she wanted to deal with. However, Lia had insisted on her company so there she was. Standing right behind her when Chaeryeong opened the door.

"Ryujin."

She snapped out of her thoughts once she heard her name being called out. Offering a small nod at the other girl.

Lia had insisted on a game night, as if they were all friendly. Well, her, Lia and Yuna were but Chaeryeong couldn't even be considered her friend. Despite her current relationship with Lia.

After what seemed like forever, Yuna arrived. Saving Ryujin from sitting in the living room silently observing Chaeryeong and Lia interact and ignore her existence. They were grossly cheesy and she could not stand another second of that by herself.

"What are we playing?" Yuna's question snapped her out of her own head, noticing the others had moved close to her, where they would be playing.

"I've heard monopoly strengthens any relationship." Chaeryeong responded with the most serious expression she could muster, breaking into a smile only when Lia nudged her.

"Murder is a good form of bonding." Ryujin added, glancing at Chaeryeong who met her gaze and smiled slightly.

"Our final guest should be here any minute now. Let's wait to decide."

The moment Lia finished speaking, Ryujin felt anxiety rising in her. Surely her best friend did not mean... No. Right?

She stared at the other, brows furrowed as her mind started considering the possibility. Lia eventually noticed and ignored her the look on her face. Something that only made her more suspicious.

"You didn't."

Ryujin whispered, getting up after Lia excused herself to open the door for the guest. One of her hands holding onto her wrist.

"You will have to face her eventually." Lia replied, shrugging and opening the door.

The moment the door revealed them to each other, both her and the other person stood in place as they stared at each other. Ryujin hated everything about this and wanted to run but she couldn't even move, let alone leave the apartment. On the other hand, Yeji who stood at the front door, kept opening her mouth and closing while looking between Lia and Ryujin.