Chapter 4

Rose's POV

Surprised is one thing but when Sam enters the house battered and bruised was a whole 'nother thing. "SAM!" I rush to my brother now unconscious on the wooden floor. I turn him over and see him with a slim smile on his lips. I narrowed my eyes, I hit his bruised leg. "YOU IDIOT!"

"OOF! Rosy chill-" He cut himself off when he opened his eyes and looked at my face. His own turning dark. "What happened..." I gulped, my guess is he saw my tear streaked face.

"I-" Before I could even start Sam got up from the floor and pointed his wand towards Dumbledore.

"What did you do to her?" I looked towards my father and the professor. My father to say the least was shocked. I reached out telepathically to him. Don't worry. He is in one of his moods. His eyes flickered towards me a moment and turned back to the situation before us.
I see.
You look confused Professor. What's the matter? He smirked slightly but not enough for Dumbledore and Sam to catch it, they were simply too busy with one another to notice.

You see. I thought he would simply draw his wand at me. Everyone would. With this statement I scowled.

You thought wrong. WE would never, NEVER, do that to you. Even if you draw your wand at us.

He rose a brow, Do tell why?

Unfortunately, that is to be kept hidden but if you want to know you have to talk to Dumbledore about the shitty situation...

He scowled, LANGUAGE! I cringe at his voice rising in my mind.

Y-yes sir.

Good. Now. I have a question I would like you to answer.

What would that be?

How is it that you were able to reach into my mind and connect to me telepathically while I have my Occlumency shields up?

My eyes widened ever so slightly, I'm not too sure sir. I didn't mean to intrude. I was ju- I was interrupted by a deep velvety chuckle.

No need to be sorry. I would usually get mad at such things, but with you I'll let it slide. I am actually quite fairly impressed with your ability of legilimency.

Thank your sir. I will make sure to not let it go to my head. We should probably stop the situation...

Most likely... or we could see the outcome... perhaps? I giggled mentally.

You are SO not nice. He just raised a brow in response.

I sighed, leaving his mind and moving back to the situation at hand. I finally spoke after a long painful silence. Reaching out, I grasped the back of Sam's jacket and pulled back.

"Sam. I'm okay. Really."

He looked back at me and analyzed my face to see if I had told him a lie. Once he was satisfied he sighed and put his wand back in his holster. The next thing I know I am being hugged into a tight embrace.

"Don't scare me like that. I thought you were actually hurt because of him." I struggled a bit in his embrace but nodded.

Once he let go of me I told him the jist of what had occurred while he was gone. I leaned closer to his ear and told him I would tell him more later. He nodded in agreement. Finally with everything cooling down a bit I hit him upside the head.