Chapter Two

"You know I should kill you. After everything you and I have been through this is how much I mean to you. No note. Not a text. No call. Just poof. You're gone and I had to deal with the pack. How could you? I'm your best friend for crying out loud, Letty! At least i thought I was." Theo said his words filled with disappointment.

Here's the thing about Theodore Lycaster. We grew up together and ever since then we have been joined by the hip. Everything we did, we did together. And as weird as it is he was my first kiss and the first guy who I allowed to touch me and had sex with when I was seventeen, which was when everything went downhill. He has a mate, Olive Martin, a beautiful redhead with the brains of Einstein himself. Quite the smart one she is, she's perfect for him.

When I left, I left because my emotions and my well-being were being threatened. Violated. Tarnished. Theo didn't know what I was going through and I wasn't about to tell him. What was happening to me, I was the one who needed to deal with and to bring him into it was out of the question, so I left.

Right now as I look at the one person who stayed constant with everything going on in my life, I was close to crumpling into the mess I was before.

His tux stood out in this rustic, country themed bar. His eyes gleames with unshead tears. I hurt him. I did that.

"Of course you are my best friend, T. But you don't know what I've been through. You haven't stood where I have. You haven't been in my position. I was hurting. And the only way I saw to make it stop was leaving. I didn't have a choice!" I yelled. Completely irrational.

"Everyone has a choice! You just didn't make the right one!" He yelled right back.

"I made the right one for ME! Because I was the one suffering I was the one carrying the burden of being a bastard! I was the one who was being terrorised and violated! So excuse me for looking out for me just that ONE time!"

I was not one to break emotionally but here I am screaming and crying my heart out.

For a moment he looked taken back, almost like I had kicked him in the gut.
"Violated?" He asked.

My eyes found their way to the ground suddenly finding his gucci black shoes interesting. It was no secret he was of wealth. His family was well off. In fact if I remembered properly he was supposed to inherited his parent's Beta title.

"I can practically see the power and confidence oozing of you. You're Beta aren't you?" I asked, my subtility practically none existent as I changed the topic. He, although reluctant, let's it slide.

"Well I am awesome aren't I?" He said flexing.
I chuckled.
"Of course you are. Come here you idiot." I said opening my arms, inviting him for an embrace.

He literally threw himself over the table and almost suffocated me in his warm embrace. I basked in his scent of vanilla and raspberries, a scent in which he shared with his mate, Olive. It brought a sense of comfort.

It was, although, almost immediately interrupted by a growl that shook the walls.
"Fuck," I mumbled.

"Get away from her, mutt." Elliot growled. Standing in the double wooden doors were my two annoying teenagers. Talia had her daggers out and Elliot was sporting amber eyes, fanged teeth and sprouting claws.

Theo didn't make things better by growling back. "You're calling me a mutt? What insolence does that minor brain of yours contain?"

And that was all it took for them to lunge at each other. So I took this moment to grab myself a beer and get comfortable.
"Just don't kill each other," was all I said.

Talia look at me curiously and not so subtly checking me over in case I got harmed. When she found nothing she placed her daggers back on their holsters.
"Not a bad guy?" She asks.

"Good guy through and through," I replied taking a sip.

"Well in that case. You look bomb in those jeggings. And where did you find that top, I looked forever for it!" She said sitting next to me on the bar stool. She looked like an angel in her blue lacy dress with thin straps and her dark hair and unique light blue eyes almost a misty white.

"Definitely not in the depths of the closet in your room which I own along with everything in it." I said smiling only now turning to face the two idiotic males brawling out on the floor almost taking down on of the tables.

"If that is your way of staking claim on my things-"
"Hold that thought," I said  making my way towards the idiots.

Theo was shifted and Elliot was in the middle of a shift. I grabbed Theo by the scruff of his neck and threw him across the room and kicked Elliot across the other.

"Now if you two are done. Im hungry and Elliot needs to feed us." I said.

~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~

Back at the cottage Elliot was making dinner whilst Theo and I caught up over the counter. Right now Elliot and Talia were laughing at a joke Theo had made. I was glad they were getting comfortable with each other.

"You would not believe the things Letty and I had done back in highschool. We got into so much trouble we were basically the principal's children with the amount of time we were called into the office." Theo said reminiscing.

"You were the one always in trouble, I was only trying to get you out of it but somehow I got dragged in it."

"That's not true," he argued, "Remember when you got called in the office because you fought with those three guys? They all went home with something broken because of you."

I put my beer down looking at him in disbelief, "Those three guys I was beating up had hung you by your underwear in the boys locker room while you were screaming like the idiot you are." A look like realisation took over his features as he remembered what happened that day. Until one of suspicion took over.

"You never did tell me what you were doing in the boys locker room," he said.

My eyes widened and I changed the topic before he discovered what was actually happening in the boys locker room. How could I tell him that Jordan had threatened me? That he was the one who gave me that big bruise on my abdomen and not those three idiots.

"Elliot you done?" I asked.
"Now I am," was his reply Wich made me rejoice.

"You never told me how you and Olive were doing," I said once we sat down. Talia served us the beef stew and bread.

A wistful look on his face appeared, "My darling Olive. We're doing okay. She's the best female Beta after my mother. And the best mate a wolf can get. Actually she is quite pregnant." He said with a smile making me grin happy for them,"a boy."

"That's great Theo! I'm so happy for you!" I exclaimed.

Suddenly he tensed, " why haven't you told me about Jordan?"

My mood soured then and there, "Who?" I said playing stupid.

"Your boyfriend."