Ending

Ahhhhhh it's finally the end!!!! I hope y'all enjoyed this story as much as I did writing it! (Sorry I haven't updated in like 3 months...)

"Any leads on where he is?" Shuichi said desperately. Maki shook her head. "No, I haven't seen Momota either, and with both of them missing at the same time, I cant help but feel something bad happened." She said crossing her arms. Normally Maki was quiet and calm and not giving a shit about anything. But today things seemed to be different. She genuinely seemed concerned about not just Kaito but Kokichi as well. "How long have we been searching."

"I don't know...an hour or so?"
"do you think they left the building?"

Shuichi pondered. that seems plausible... but I don't think we can even leave the buildings besides weekends or holidays. Could they have escaped by any chance...

Maki sighed, "I know what your thinking, you're not allowed to leave the building on regular school days, but is there any other place they could be?" 

I walked over to the broken window in Kokichi's room. Goddamit Shuichi obviously they're outside school premises, the fucking window is broken.

"I'm actually surprised you didn't investigate outside first.\" Maki said. Shuichi hid his face in embarrassment. " it doesn't mater anymore, lets just go now."

Both of them ran down the schools steps, and the outside. They couldn't care less if they were caught "escaping". Both of them just wanted to find what meant the most to them.

"we should probably look around where the window was." Shuichi said walking to the side of the buildings were the dorms were located.

The side of the building was unfortunately right next to a forest so it was no doubt the two of them ran through there.

Without a word both of them split up and ran into the forest. a stupid idea really but they were just that desperate.

Shuichi ended up running out of stamina pretty quickly so he slowed down into a walking pace. there was currently no sign of them anywhere. Oh god Momota what did you do. Shuichi thought as he rushed around the trees. Damn this forest is too big. they could of gone anywhere.

Shuichi sighed and sat down at the roots of a particularly large tree. "We're never gonna find him are we."

Shuichi had already tried to contact both Kaito and Kokichi  numerous times with no answer. "Please just let them be ok."

He was then greeted by a voice.

"Saihara."

Oh it's only Maki...

"O-oh Harukawa...any leads on where they could be?"

"Yeah I found them."

Fuck what.

"W-wait really?" Shuichi said jumping up.
Maki smiled and nodded. Shuichi has never felt more relieved in his life, even after everything he's been through.
Maki grabbed his hand and led him back to the school.
"While you were sitting there sulking I brought them back to the dorms."
"What were they doing?"
"Talking normally."
Wait really? Was it really just Momota acting as his pregame self? Was it not his fault??
Shuichi stayed silent and continued walking.

After making it to the dorms he went up to his and Kokichi's room. As expected he was there.

"Shuichi!" He yelled, running up to him.
Shuichi hugged him and spun him around. "K-Kokichi thank god your alright."
He smiled and nodded. "It's alright me and Momota made up...somewhat."
Shuichi stayed silent at that. He may not have known what truly happened but at least Kokichi was safe.

Shuichi and Kokichi ended up talking about it anyway.

"So basically he brought you out to the forest to fight you but snapped out of it before going to punch you?"

"Yup"

"Goddamn"

Kokichi laughed. "It's all ok now though thankfully."

"Oh and you should probably check up on the group chat." Shuichi mentioned getting out his phone. "They seemed worried."

"Alright."

Chat.

Rantaro: and thats how me and korekiyo got together.

Miu: that was lame.

Rantaro: shut up Iruma :)

Kokichi: heyyyyyy I'm back

Kaede: oh thank god you're ok!

Kiibo: Yeah what happened?

Himiko: I must say we were really worried.

Shuichi: It's a long story but everything's some what made up now.

Kaede: that's good!

Tsumugi: so was this group chat a good idea?

Angie: that's debatable.

Rantaro: it really is.

Kaede: will I see you guys tomorrow at school?

Kokichi: yup!

Shuichi: hopefully

Miu: hell yeah!

Kaede: all right see you!