01. {demon baby}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

the chatter and laughter of surprisingly energetic children filled the hallway of los feliz high school. julie molina made her way to her locker with her head down, a bright pink hat covering her face completely. she reached her destination, approached by no one, until she began opening her locker.

"hey, underachiever." her best friend, flynn, greeted her with a big smile. "hey, disappointment." the molina girl smiled back.

"okay, i know you don't want me to ask, but have you figured out what you're gonna do today?" flynn asked the girl. julie gave her a shrug, confirming she wasn't sure, "i'll know in the moment."

"really, jules?" flynn's face fell in slight disappointment, she was expecting her friend to be a little more prepared, "that's all you're giving me? mrs harrison said this is your last chance."

"i know." julie sighed at the reminder, "i was there."

"see you at the rally!" a voice called out from in front of the two. they turned their heads to the side to see none other than carrie wilson giving out pieces of paper to everyone who passed by. "ugh!" flynn grimaced, "what is she handing out?"

"hi!"

"desperation?" julie joked, making her friend snicker.

"mm."

"she's handing out invitations." anastasia jackson revealed as she approached her friends, "and i managed to get one."

flynn raised her brow, "finally you're here stasie... hold on, she invited you?"

"i think so, she pushed it in my hands and said: 'see you there'." stasie shrugged.

julie beamed at her family-friend, "sounds like a personal invitation to me."

the strawberry blonde started making her way over to the trio, her boyfriend lugging behind, his guitar case in his hands. "hi, nick." stasie flashed him a sweet smile. the two were good friends as they sat next to one another in english class.

nick looked up from his phone and waved at her, "hey!"

"here you go." carrie passed flynn and then julie a pamphlet, "my group's performing at the spirit rally tomorrow. i'm sure you guys have nothing better to do."

"oh my gosh, carrie." flynn flashed the girl faux enthusiasm, "thanks!"

"oh my gosh, flynn." she imitated her, "don't bother coming!" as the girl walked off, flynn took hold of her and stasie's flyer and began scrunching it up.

"hey!" stasie pouted, "what if i wanted to go to that?"

"here you go."

"why would you?" flynn challenged.