flying solo

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

a knock was heard on the garage door, putting smiles on both julie and stasie's faces.

julie leapt up and went to open the door, "thanks for coming." she chuckled, "we just wanted to rehearse the song so it was perfect, which it's not, but whatever."

"no, if i'm gonna hear a song from your imaginary ghost band, i want it to be perfect." flynn announced, "so, get back in there. all of you." she began pointing around the room, "you too."

julie shook her head and laughed, "they're not out here."

"oh, i know." flynn stepped into the room, allowing julie to close it behind her, "stas? you've been hiding the cute boys too?"

"well i haven't really been hiding them." stasie shrugged, she didn't reallly know what to say. "i've just... you know." and surprisingly, flynn somewhat did.

"all right, guys. you ready?" julie questioned, "uh, actually, can you go over there? reggie needs some space to rock out, and he feels kinda weird walking through you."

flynn burst out laughing, "boy, when you create a world, you really live in it." she grinned, "stas, don't tell me you believe this?"

"oh, you're in for a treat." stasie smiled while patting the chair beside her.

"just sit!" julie ordered while pushing flynn down beside stasie.

"oh!"

"if you'll notice, there's no equipment that will produce a hologram." julie pointed out, "feel free to look around."

flynn converted her attention to stasie for verification and she approved.

"none at all." she whispered.

"the guys took a poem that i wrote about you two and put it to music." julie explained.

"aww! i wish i didn't have to talk to your dad after this." flynn frowned.

"let's not ignore the fact that julie wrote a freaking poem about us!" stasie nudged her.

"it's called 'flying solo'." julie informed them with a light chuckle, "hope you like it."

the duo watched as julie made her way over to the synthesiser and began tapping some beats, leaving it to repeat.

"♪ if i leave you on a bad note - leave you on a sad note, guess that means i'm buying lunch that day ♪" julie began singing.

"that line's about you." flynn whispered to the girl.

stasie laughed at that, a wide smile on her face as julie sang about them. she couldn't help but notice the radiance and enthusiasm on julie's appearance as she sang. that made the jackson girl grin wider, glad her best friend was learning to love music again.