Chapter 4

Turns out, Sinclair called you the next day. He didn't say why but nattered on as you worked in your office at your work. You were glad you had your own office so you could keep him on loudspeaker while you did your work. He seemed to be talking about his own work and talking about how he would hopefully have another pay rise. You congratulated him for it and he chuckled. "Thanks na-(y/n)" you heard him sigh. "But anyway, how are you doing today?"

"Still stuffed from yesterday," you said laughing. "Um, just carrying on with a design"

"Describe it to me" he said. "I would like to hear it."

"Oh sure" you said. "Well it is colourful"

"And?" he asked down the phone

"Modern"

"And?" he asked, chuckling

"I made sure to keep the room airy and bright through the use of large windows which both look good from the inside with a window seat and also from the outside due."

"Which means less of a need for artificial light in the day" he concluded

"yep" you said grinning.

"Little things against Global warming," he said.

"Yeah" you said

"You make me laugh (y/n)" he suddenly said.

"I am glad" you said, smiling. "You make me laugh too"

"In the end, the only thing good about life is comedy and laughter" he said sighing.

"May I ask you a question?" you asked.

"Of course"

"Why did you phone me in the middle of day?" you asked.

Sinclair coughed. "Well, I have an important meeting" he said "Since Natale left I have become more worried about these things. What I am getting at is that, you cheer me up" he admitted. You almost pressed the wrong button on the computer. Did you really cheer him up? You grinned. "I mean if you don't want me to phone you I understand"

"No its fine" you said. "I also got worried about meetings and used to phone my partner Hilary and they helped me through my worried" you smiled. "I am glad I help you"

"If you wish you can phone me also" he said. "I know I am a nattering sod but that could get your mind off your worries"

"It does" you admitted.

"Oh good, awesome" he said. "Oh dear, it's my meeting now" his voice was worried. "Look I will phone you when I have time" he put the phone down. You grinned and started typing on your computer. He was such a breath of fresh air for you, he seemed to want to talk and spend time unlike others in your life. You couldn't let this relationship, even when it was small, slip down the drain like it had done with Hilary.

You went back to your work and three hours later you had gone out to get lunch and joined the queue to see Sinclair sitting and reading a book while he ate. You smiled and went over and poked him. His head looked round and he smiled. "Ahh (y/n)!" he said. "Sit down over there" he said pointing to the other side of the booth and he put his book away.

You slipped into the seat and you grinned. "What a coincidence I am seeing you here" you said.

"Yeah, I just needed something after the meeting" he said.

"Did it go well?" you asked, worried.

Sinclair made a noise. "It could have gone worse" he muttered. "But it could have gotten better. But its okay, it's okay because the manager I have at the moment likes me and appreciates what I am doing"